All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

mpg low

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HOG

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:33    Post subject: mpg low Reply with quote

Hi again
only getting low very low 20s to gal and this is driving it properly, light footed to moderate footed. looked at chiping from dragan sport, surpose to increes bhp 30% +torque and upto 10% fuel.
could do with help on this one as kit is £300. Not overley worried about £300 for extra power, but i don't want to *beep* things up. Keep hearing people saying i get 25 -30 out of mine. Mad
I do hunt it when needed and tow 2-3 tons. but ive done several £40 worth of fuel, drove it steady clocked miles worked it out. Sad

Checked things like tyre pressure, are brakes on.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:33    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:37    Post subject: Re: mpg low Reply with quote

HOG wrote:
Hi again
only getting low very low 20s to gal and this is driving it properly, light footed to moderate footed. looked at chiping from dragan sport, surpose to increes bhp 30% +torque and upto 10% fuel.
could do with help on this one as kit is £300. Not overley worried about £300 for extra power, but i don't want to *beep* things up. Keep hearing people saying i get 25 -30 out of mine. Mad
I do hunt it when needed and tow 2-3 tons. but ive done several £40 worth of fuel, drove it steady clocked miles worked it out. Sad

Checked things like tyre pressure, are brakes on.

I assume it is a Auto !  I think there is a technique to driving an auto, if
my wife drives she gets about 17/18 and If I drive it I can get about 29Mpg

Hell of a diffrence !

Radiotwo
HOG

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exelent. would you be a good chap and drive me around. No realy,  Is it you have a good one and your wife drives a bit harder?. as mentioned generaly i drive it, and don't worry the fun is worth it. With £40 in the tank and a light, getting in top gear asap. Its not good.
bushburywolf
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 13:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

keep air conditioning off that uses fuel as the revs are higher uses loads of fuel also it depends how much you use the right foot and the tip is light pressure on the pedal and take it slowly to warm up the engine to obtain maximum fuel saving ..or so i hear .. but again if you tow 2-3 tons what can you expect .. that's double the weight of a solo journey .. so you could hope for 40 to the gallon .. hahahaha .. lucky if you get 28 -30 on a run at 56mph cruise control on ...towing expect  22mpg on motorways even if it seems it aint there on the back ..
joinerman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

22mpg is about the best i can get driving carefully.

Joinerman
HOG

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:18    Post subject: LOW MPG Reply with quote

THANKS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: