4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Insurance for a 75 Series Troopcarrier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Import specific Technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Professor80

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:01    Post subject: Insurance for a 75 Series Troopcarrier Reply with quote

Hi All,

Hoping for a bit of advice here. I'm trying to register my Troopy here in UK having driven it over from Oz. Its a 1991 75 series troopcarrier, 4.2 diesel (no turbo).

I've tried calling a few places and they can't find my vehicle in their system and so won't offer me a quote. They keep coming up with a 2.4 VX TD...  Rolling Eyes

Can anyone advise of insurance companies worth trying for imported vehicles?

So far I've tried the following:
- Adrian Flux: They couldn't find my truck but did then quote me on something (not sure what). It came back as very expensive.
- 2gether: Couldn't quote as couldn't find my truck in the system
- Highways: Will only deal with brokers

Any help or recommendations much appreciated!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:01    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

johnnystrom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 13:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

"So far I've tried the following:
- Adrian Flux: They couldn't find my truck but did then quote me on something (not sure what). It came back as very expensive.
- 2gether: Couldn't quote as couldn't find my truck in the system
- Highways: Will only deal with brokers"

I've had exactly the same problem with a 75 pick up.

Does anyone have any tips for who in the UK can insure a 70 series?

Thanks
John
joinerman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 21:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Chris Knott, they deal with Highway, i know this because i renewed with them today.
johnnystrom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Joinerman. I'll give Chris Knott a shout
johnnystrom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great tip off Joinerman. Gordon at Chris Knott was very helpful and wasn't fazed by (a) it being imported, (b) it being a pick up or (c) it not being a VX/GX/Prado/Colorado etc etc!!
Still pricy, but at least they're quoting for the right thing, and the price will come down once I sell my other car which is using up my no claims bonus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Import specific Technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: