Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

buying advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 60 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigred

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 15:05    Post subject: buying advice Reply with quote

I've currently got a landcruiser 80 4.2 and i now have the chance to get a model 60, are there any inherent problems i should look out for?. Is the 2.5 diesel a good motor? what sort of mpg would the 2.5D be doing?
Cheers for the help.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 15:05    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

AndyLL

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 19:50    Post subject: 60's Reply with quote

The main enemy of 60's is salt + age = rust. However, 60 series only came into the UK with a 4 litre N/A or turbo engine, so a 2.5 diesel one in something I would like to see but maybe not to drive.
Find out if its a 60 or a 70 if it has a 2.5 engine.
I run a 60 all the time and have had loads over the last 20 years so if it is a 60 then I can advise you if you like.
lets see what it is first.

regards Andy
priffe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 14:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

60 series models
FJ60  4 litre petrol
HJ60  4 litre diesel
BJ60  3.4 litre diesel
HJ61  4 litre turbo diesel
FJ62  4 litre petrol

no 2.5 litre was made and I doubt anyone would stick one in there - the 3.4 is sluggish enough.
If not for rust issues, they would last forever.
cathyee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 17:40    Post subject: Toyota Land Cruiser 60 70 and 80 series Reply with quote

I don't think  2.5 diesel  is a good motor  . Because for  60 series models you can get

3.4 L I4 3B diesel
3.4 L I4 13B-T diesel turbo
4.2 L I6 2F petrol
4.0 L I6 3F petrol
4.0 L I6 2H diesel
I think you should know detail information from expert. It would be helpful when you will meet a expert. And you told that you have landcruiser  80  4.2 . So I think you should know details about Toyota Land Cruiser 60 70 and 80 series Gregory Service and Repair Manual .When you will be able to get proper knowledge then you will  not confuse for your landcruiser .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 60 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: