2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Evening all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> New member introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Graham Stirling

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 0:00    Post subject: Evening all. Reply with quote

Just come across the site over the last couple of days and thought i'd drop in to say hello.

Been looking for an 80 series Landcruiser for a while and finally found one i like. Pick it up saturday.

Bought it mainly for towing but also for doing the Croisiere Blanche in 2008. Anyone from here planning to do the trip? Hope to meet a few of you soon. G
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 0:00    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

joinerman

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Graham

Come on then give us a bit more info about the 80 youv'e bought.

Welcome btw

Joinerman
Graham Stirling

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 15:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a 1993 red UK VX 4.2 Auto, grey leather and all the toys. Managed to move a few jobs arround so going to fetch it on Thursday. Getting excited now. Had a look on the outerlimits4x4 forum and got myself over excited about all the mods that are available, just have to keep away from it with the grinder for at least 12 months.

I'm looking for a front winch bumper and a 2 or 3 inch lift, any recommendations?

Also, do you know if Mitsubishi rims will fit? I have a spare set of alloys off my L200 in the garage, if they fit i'll stick some mud tyres on them. G
joinerman

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you read the postings on big end bearings? if not read & believe all that's said, don't listen to toyota, may sound alarming but it's not a big job nor expencive, compared to a new engine.

Joinerman
Graham Stirling

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, just replied to your post. Actually have a mate who has a 92 VX which had the bearings let go in December, big job like you said. I'll get them done right away as i'm planning to keep this vehicle for at least another 100k miles.

Thanks for the warning, G
joinerman

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Graham it's NOT a big job  LOL

Joinerman
Graham Stirling

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 8:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I meant that my mates was a big job when his bearings went bang. G
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> New member introductions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: