2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Pto winch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 60 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
afriglenn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 14:39    Post subject: Pto winch Reply with quote

Hey all anyone know of a source of uj's for the OEM pto winch ? I'm thinking small Toyota pick up, Datsun cherry????? Alternatively anyone got drive shafts and fitting for the winch?? The end that's buggered me is te shear pin end the casting has split due to too strong a pin (previous owner) I've heard there are still complete winches in breakers in Europe?
All leads gratefully received as ever.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 14:39    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

roscoFJ73

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

They pop up on aussie e bay now and again,but I also think that someone could modify the winch to take some other kind of UJ. Someone like Dana Spicer may even sell a replacement UJ,they have 1 branch in SAfrica and 3 in the UK.
You probably also have companies that repair driveshafts,they can often help with repairs like this.

Tried the dealer?
Holden Commodore V6
YAMAHA TT600R Belgarda
Triumph Rocket3 08 with Jardines and Tuneboy Wink
Honda XR650L
1988 HJ61 turbo diesel with windas that slide Wink  Sad
afriglenn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi rosco ,
I agree that's probably the plan if I can find a small enough uj and then it's just a machining job , problem is getting to a machine shop out here!!! Still you can't rush these things.
Thanks mate
Thinking aloud here but there might be some one in the US,they seem to have quite a few HJ60's out there. Am also chasing a lead in Germany.
roscoFJ73

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

afriglenn wrote:
Hi rosco ,
I agree that's probably the plan if I can find a small enough uj and then it's just a machining job , problem is getting to a machine shop out here!!! Still you can't rush these things.
Thanks mate
Thinking aloud here but there might be some one in the US,they seem to have quite a few HJ60's out there. Am also chasing a lead in Germany.

The diesel 60 series are rare as hens teeth in the US and so is the factory PTO winch.
Those combos are almost entirely limited to Japanese models,Australia has 1000s of HJ60,but very few PTO winches.We ,like the americans preferred the electric type on the 60 series.
Canada had a lot of Japanese 60 series imported and some of them remove the winch.
Try the diesel forum on IH8MUD or try G&S Cruisers ,they wreck a few Japanese spec models

But ,I tried a part number search on TOYODIY cross reference function and the UJ(spider kit they call it) and the rear wheel drive Corrola uses it on its drive shaft and the 40 series landcruiser and some Dyna trucks and some Hilux,use the same part on the steering shaft.
http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/xref?s=04371-10011&mG=on
Holden Commodore V6
YAMAHA TT600R Belgarda
Triumph Rocket3 08 with Jardines and Tuneboy Wink
Honda XR650L
1988 HJ61 turbo diesel with windas that slide Wink  Sad
koobs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:52    Post subject: PTO uni's and Drives Reply with quote

Hi guys Check these guys out if you cant find anything locally.  These guys originally made the thomas winches. They provided the uni and drives when i got my PTO up and running.

I dont see why they wouldn't ship internationally or recommend someone from your neck of the woods.

Search atscables they are at

4/71 Beenleigh Rd
(Cnr Lensworth St)
Coopers Plains
QLD 4108
T: 61 7 3345 7000
F: 61 7 3345 4021
Mon-Thurs 8 to 5
Fri             8 to 12

Cheers

Koobs
afriglenn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 15:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Thats great thanks, will check them out
regards
Glenn

increased fleet ! 3xhj60's, 1xLj70, Honda nx 650,and a bigger pile of bits  Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 60 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: