4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Instructions for duplicating (coding) a new Master Key

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
akasherm

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:31    Post subject: Instructions for duplicating (coding) a new Master Key Reply with quote

I have a 2001 Prado 50th Anniversary edition (VZJ95R) which I purchased second hand. As seems to be the case with many people, my vehicle only came supplied with one key. Despite finding instructions from several sources, including one directly from the Toyota genuine repair manual, the 90 series procedure for duplicating a second master key from an existing registered master key was simply not working for me. In desperation I tried the method I'd found for the Toyota Amazon, which thankfully worked.

For anyone having trouble with the  "turn ignition from LOCK->ON five times, then open and close the drivers door six times" method, it may be worth your while trying the following instead:

1. Sit in the drivers seat and close the the drivers door. (All other doors should already be closed.)
2. Simultaneously depress and release brake and accelerator pedal once.
3. Insert existing registered master key into ignition. DO NOT TURN THE KEY.
4. Within 15 seconds depress and release accelerator pedal five times.
5. Within 20 seconds depress and release the brake pedal six times.
6. Within 10 seconds remove the master key.
7. Within 10 seconds insert new key to be programmed into ignition.
8. Within 10 seconds depress and release the accelerator pedal once.
9. Wait about 80 seconds for the new key to be registered. The security light will go off if it is successful.
10. Remove the new key and depress and release brake pedal one more time to exit the programming mode.

Hopefully this can save some others a little frustration and lost hours.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:31    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Darrellspeed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:35    Post subject: can you recode a used key? Reply with quote

hi , recently lost one of my keys and was thinking of changing to a flip out key anyway, so just want a replacement chip, so was thinking of buying used key for the chip and recoding it, does anyone know if this is possible using this info?
HairyWookie
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 22:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean by this?
I track as thus;
You have lost an old style key without buttons (separate 2 button plip)
You want to buy a new style key, with buttons, which can be cut to match your old key
You then want to reprogram this new key to be the master key

If this is correct, then yes, the Sticky (above) should work, but may depend on whether your car is the pre or post 1999 LC90 model.

Our young electronic wizkid did mine for me via a YouTube video few months ago; that was an old style blank key cut to match and a new separate 2 button plip. Works great as a spare.

1997 KZJ95 3.0TD GX Manual (Jess)
Weekend Warrior with 18 years of mechanical experience; still learning...
Occasional use on SVO...
Darrellspeed

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 16:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, no lost a 2 button key. But was already thinking of converting it to a 2 button flip out key. So was wondering if I can buy a used 2 button key, nick the internals tobput in a flip out case and get it cut to match mine and re programme it to match my original usingvthe above method.
HairyWookie
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 22:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair do's.

Personally, I cant see any flaws in your logic. Provided the key is cut correctly and the electronics are paired & remastered properly, it should be all good.

1997 KZJ95 3.0TD GX Manual (Jess)
Weekend Warrior with 18 years of mechanical experience; still learning...
Occasional use on SVO...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: