Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

New owner - Amazon VX LPG buying advice please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General non-technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jblessing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 23:39    Post subject: New owner - Amazon VX LPG buying advice please Reply with quote

I've never had an LC before and was planning on a diesel, but there is an LPG converted Amazon VX locally at Solent Vehicle Sourcing ( I'd post a link but not allowed to). Anything I should look out for? I would appreciate any advice.

Here are the details:

Metallic Green, MOT 29/09/2014, Taxed 30/04/2014, Brown Full leather interior, Four wheel-drive, Heated seats, Radio, Heated screen, Anti theft system, Air conditioning, Lumbar support, Metallic paintwork, Electric mirrors, Wood/wood effect trim, Foglights, Power assisted steering, Central locking, Alloy wheels, Cruise control, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Electric windows, ABS, Driver airbag, Leather seats, Headlight washers, Adjustable seats, Remote locking, Sunroof, Head restraints, Tinted glass. 7 seats, Our used cars come with 3 months Autoprotect warranty with the option to extend to 1 year. All our cars are checked clear by HPI, please ask to see the certificate., £3,995 p/x welcome
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 23:39    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

joinerman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 19:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

What year ? It's certanly not an amazon as they were 98 models and you will pay much much more for a decent one, I'm guessing your talking very early 90s at that price,  and it's an 80 series

Last edited by joinerman on Fri Apr 04, 2014 19:54; edited 1 time in total
jblessing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 19:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

joinerman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 19:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 97 for 4k that's ****** cheap
jblessing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 20:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

I drove it today.

According to the last mot advisories, both front radius arm bushes are  worn and both front swivel joint seals are leaking. Not sure what the typical cost of fixing would be.

Ran very smoothly  but brakes pull to one side a bit, so I guess maybe a brake caliper seized, it has been sat on the forecourt for a few months.

Having done some reading on the lpg forum here,  I was mainly put off by fact the lpg conversion was not a prinn and didn't appear to have the flashlube system
joinerman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 97 for 4k that's ****** cheap
RGM-Master
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is an 80
RGM-Master
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:41    Post subject: Re: New owner - Amazon VX LPG buying advice please Reply with quote

jblessing wrote:
I've never had an LC before and was planning on a diesel, but there is an LPG converted Amazon VX locally at Solent Vehicle Sourcing ( I'd post a link but not allowed to). Anything I should look out for? I would appreciate any advice.

Here are the details:

Metallic Green, MOT 29/09/2014, Taxed 30/04/2014, Brown Full leather interior, Four wheel-drive, Heated seats, Radio, Heated screen, Anti theft system, Air conditioning, Lumbar support, Metallic paintwork, Electric mirrors, Wood/wood effect trim, Foglights, Power assisted steering, Central locking, Alloy wheels, Cruise control, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Electric windows, ABS, Driver airbag, Leather seats, Headlight washers, Adjustable seats, Remote locking, Sunroof, Head restraints, Tinted glass. 7 seats, Our used cars come with 3 months Autoprotect warranty with the option to extend to 1 year. All our cars are checked clear by HPI, please ask to see the certificate., £3,995 p/x welcome

It's an 80 as I have already said' also "Heated screen" will be the rear one, "fog Lights" will also be rear, and beaning an 80 it will have 8 seats, also as it's had a LPG conversion the tank will be where the spare wheel would live so you'll have to have the spare "rolling" around the boot or have a spare wheel carrier fitted, and the price is about right for this car.
jblessing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, yes it did have 8 seats and the lpg is in the spare wheel well. Though the dealer has it listed as an Amazon.

Anyway... Should I worry too much about:

1. non-prinns Lpg
2. No flashlube
3. Brake pulling
4. Front radius arm bushes
5. Front swivel joint seals
RGM-Master
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

jblessing wrote:
Thanks, yes it did have 8 seats and the lpg is in the spare wheel well. Though the dealer has it listed as an Amazon.

Anyway... Should I worry too much about:

1. non-prinns Lpg
2. No flashlube
3. Brake pulling
4. Front radius arm bushes
5. Front swivel joint seals

Can't help you with the LPG side of things as neither of mine have been converted.
Brake pulling could be just a caliper seized which can be done your self with a bit of elbow grease
Don't know about the radius arms.
The swivel joints can be expensive, but can be done your self by using some chemical metal and a fine wet and dry to smooth it all off.
Vagabond

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be pedantic, IIRC the last 80 series models in 1997/8 were badged as "Amazon". So the dealer maybe right in this instance.
wobbly

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 20:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down to £3695.00

Reckon an offer would get it....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General non-technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: