Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Need new rear axle are they all different?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 80 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geoff22

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 14:19    Post subject: Need new rear axle are they all different? Reply with quote

Hi all,
After some idiot smashed into the side of my lovely '97 Amazon 80 series 4.2 manual I've been told that the rear axle is scrap as it's bent.Are the ratios different for manual and auto or are they the same and is there anything else I need to know before I start ringing the breakers?
Thanks,Geoff.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 14:19    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

aroscow

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 15:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

The axles are pretty strong, how did it get bent?

Karl Webster would be your best best. PM me if you don't have his details.
Geoff22

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 16:00    Post subject: Need new rear axle are they all different? Reply with quote

Thanks,
It surprised me as well(and the insurance assessor).It was an old Mazda 323 coming in the opposite direction on my side of the road,the rear wheel stopped him.Will post some pics when I get them.
Geoff.
aroscow

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bet the Mazda didn't fair to well then.  Hope all concerned are OK.
Geoff22

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 21:19    Post subject: Need new rear axle are they all different? Reply with quote

My son in law had borrowed the car and was with my daughter and the two kids when the accident happened.It was an ambulance job for my grandson who bashed his head on the window and the adults had whiplash.Not the best phone call to get but thankfully everyone's in one piece.I think the Mazda disintegrated.Good job it's a Landcruiser!!
tjtfaulkner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 19:57    Post subject: rear axle Reply with quote

If your axle is bent all you need to do is get a good axle and fit your diff into it and your brakes if needed
Geoff22

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 20:24    Post subject: Need new rear axle are they all different? Reply with quote

Thanks,
Aroscow pointed me in that  direction I won't know how bad it is till the insurance company release it then it'll be spanners at the ready!!
Geoff22

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 21:17    Post subject: need new rear axle are they all different Reply with quote

Well at long last the insurance company have paid out and the old girl's back on the road.I don't know if I can post pictures on the forum but she's looking good.Luckily my son,bless him, gave me a hand fixing the truck otherwise I'd still be doing it.If it wasn't for this forum I'd have still been searching for a similar axle rather than swapping the innards as was suggested.So a huge thankyou to Aroscow for putting me in touch with Karl Webster who supplied me with all the bits what a top bloke.
Geoff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 80 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: