4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Injector seal clarification for new buyer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Low Ratio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 14:41    Post subject: Injector seal clarification for new buyer Reply with quote

I'm looking to buy an LC3 or LC4 around the 2003 to 2004 year mark with 80k plus mileage. I'm aware of the problem with the copper injector washers needing to be replaced and the Customer Campaign 1613g.
I've been to see a nice 2004 LC4 registered July 2004 and the Vin no. is before that covered by the Campaign.
Is there a reason that the earlier cars are not covered by the Campaign? Is it because they not affected or was there a change in the injector seals/pressures later which has caused the problem?
The car has full Toyota main dealer service history and a call to them does not reveal and warranty work for the washers.
Any advice and clarification would be helpful please.
Many thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 14:41    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

marlot

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

There most be a reason they are excluded from the campaign but I don't know.
mj77

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 14:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont know why its exluded but I would be wary purchasing if the seals havent been done as its probably a problem waiting to happen.   Are you buying from a garage. If so get them to call Toyota as they will probably be able to get the new seals and change them before you buy. Otherwise be careful as an enginge rebuild will be a few grand!
bill1823

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might not help but when you buy spares the model changes in mid 2004 so some things must have changed dont ask me what, so the injectors may have changed anyway pre mid 2004 ok 2004 to 2008 *beep* inj seals *beep*, i stand to be corrected. over to Vette.

Bill
Riders of The Lost Trail

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 21:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have recently bought a 2004 LC4.
I am not too sure if the injector seals have been changed. Is this something i can check for myself?
Thanks
andy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's worth checking with a main dealer, but this is supposed to be the range of vehicles.

Model Vin Range Manufacture date
KDJ125 JTE AZ29J# 00019035-00050831 June,2004 Through October,2007
KDJ120 JTE BZ29J# 00049705-00160767 June,2004 Through October,2007
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
Pragueprado

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 2003 that was not part of the recall. I was driving around thinking that the injectors had been replaced at 75,000 km. However, I just had the injectors replaced last week, and it turns out that while one injector had been replaced, the other three were the originals (with their original seals) - with almost 200,000km on them.

They dropped the oil pan and checked the strainer - nothing there at all. So, I assume that there is some way that they were able to tell which VINs needed the new seals, and which were ok, because although mine were copper, they were evidently ok.

Incidentally, the new seals are still copper, but they have some sort of coating on them that make them look aluminium.
Graemer57

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a 2005 LC5 about 18 months ago (private sale) and my local Toyota dealer replaced the injector seals free of charge because they had never been fixed under warranty. Worth checking out
timbo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told that at a certain year of manufacture they have different washers under the injectors, one has copper the other aluminium not sure which way round it is. My 03 didnt need the recall.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: