4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Catalytiic converter for a 2000 3.4 Colorado

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rochdale olympic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:41    Post subject: Catalytiic converter for a 2000 3.4 Colorado Reply with quote

I was wondering whether anyone has any ideas or knows how I can obtain a catalytic converter for my 2000 3.4 petrol Colorado. It's MOT time soon and I've been advised that it needs replacing, problem being I don't want to pay the £1658 + that Toyota want. After researching the subject i can't seem to find one anywhere, finding one from a breakers have yielded nothing so far and importing one is  very expensive option. There seems to be no joy from after market providers. I don't know whether it's possible to re manufacture / re build the existing cat, perhaps someone has faced this problem before and has more productive information. It's otherwise a great and much loved vehicle but  .... that's expensive ( Platinum doesn't Come cheap sadly )  

Thanks in advance for any possible info...   Confused
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:41    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

What makes you think it needs renewing to start with, but a google search found this http://www.onlineautomotive.co.uk/Products.aspx?ID=MQA4ADgANQAxADIAMAA2ADQAdwBYAEwAbABJACcAWABcAE4AIwAhAFgANwA%3d
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
Vagabond

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 0:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're going to end up spending the part of £1k or more on a new cat, I would suggest you look at getting a new stainless steel exhaust made with a custom cat - this will work out cheaper and you will get the SS exhaust for "free" effectively.  

Do you have a LPG conversion? As I believe the MoT emission rules for LPG vehicles do not require a cat test.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: