2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Rear diff lock light not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chapperz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 23:08    Post subject: Rear diff lock light not working Reply with quote

Hi All.

Hope sum one can help I have 100 series, but the rear diff lock doesn't work, the red light on the dash doesn't even flash to say it's trying to engage, any ideas?
Thanks in advance

Craig
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 23:08    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

CJM625

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

These can have a number of issues such the magnets come away inside so stop the motor working, clogged up etc.

Here's a link to rebuild one simillar to ours: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/toyota-truck-4runner/698966-e-locker-actuator-rebuild.html

120 Invincible Grey with Grey

150 Invincible Black with Beige
BobMurphy
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 23:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

CJM625 wrote:
Here's a link to rebuild one simillar to ours: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/toyota-truck-4runner/698966-e-locker-actuator-rebuild.html

Interesting, but that's the front locker from an '80' - which is the same as the rear locker on a UK '90'.

The rear locker on my 2001 '100' is a different design.

My locker doesn't work, though the lights do all the right things except stop flashing. One day, when I've sorted the essential repairs, I'll remove the locker and sort it (or replace it if is corroded away). I'll do a write-up - but don't hold your breath.

Bob.
CJM625

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 20:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Known, when you doyour one or find one for a 100 I'll change it.

120 Invincible Grey with Grey

150 Invincible Black with Beige
Angelfire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 18:57    Post subject: Re: Rear diff lock light not working Reply with quote

chapperz wrote:
Hi All.

Hope sum one can help I have 100 series, but the rear diff lock doesn't work, the red light on the dash doesn't even flash to say it's trying to engage, any ideas?
Thanks in advance

Craig

I have a similar fault, my rear diff lock flashes red on the dash, but does not engage.

Phil*
BobMurphy
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:47    Post subject: Re: Rear diff lock light not working Reply with quote

Angelfire wrote:
I have a similar fault, my rear diff lock flashes red on the dash, but does not engage. Phil*

Unfortunately, so does mine  Rolling Eyes.

I just spent a King's ransom replacing the rear locker and the rear brake back plates/dust shields (full Toyota price was £463.14 EACH  Shocked).

The full Toyota price for a rear locker is £1,062.96 - I bought the Milner's one for £547.80.

Having removed the half shafts and diff and cleaned everything up properly the Diff Locker doesn't do anything  Mad  .

So, the question is - is it the new locker, the wiring loom or the Diff Lock ECU ??

I see some fun times ahead and I must get my Toyota Intelligent Tester II fired-up and see what fault codes are being recorded.

I had hoped to repair the diff lock actuator when I first crawled under the car - but it wasn't going anywhere  Laughing  Laughing.

Naturally, the Detector Switch was also toast  Rolling Eyes .

The new Actuator certainly looks the part . . .

Pity the darned thing doesn't work (I just get the red flashing light)  Embarassed .

Now to find where the Diff Lock ECU is situated and start from there  Wink.

Bob.
lometun

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 19:15    Post subject: Diff light flashes Reply with quote

I do recall when I had my late model Amazon it had to be in low ratio before the rear diff lock would engage.
Try shifting it into low then see if it works.
BobMurphy
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:10    Post subject: Re: Diff light flashes Reply with quote

lometun wrote:
I do recall when I had my late model Amazon it had to be in low ratio before the rear diff lock would engage.
Try shifting it into low then see if it works.

Thanks, I wasn't sure whether it had to be in low or not - or whether the centre diff lock had to be engaged first so I did try the different combinations.

I now have the car back after my wife and daughters (and families) were in the Lake District for a week; I'll have another go at it.

It would be useful if I had an Owner's Manual but I don't (and I haven't found one on e-Bay yet)  Rolling Eyes .

Thanks for the tip.

Bob.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: