4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

150 is a rubbish car... according to JC in ST....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dannyson

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 0:14    Post subject: 150 is a rubbish car... according to JC in ST.... Reply with quote

Any thoughts.... from those who have read it?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 0:14    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

marlot

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't read it, but I guess it kind of depends on what your definition of success is.

For me, a car that has been 100% reliable over the last 7 years, and has only had one repair in that time (a leaking aircon pipe), meets one of my criteria.  Being able to tow my caravan safely is another.  Finally, being able to get anywhere in the bad weather (and especially my 50 miles (each way) across country to work each day) is a third.

I recently thought of changing my LC.  Looked at the alternatives and decided to keep it a bit longer!
wooly0000

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

i haven't read it either, cant stand the man, and to be honest in my opinion you can only really judge the car when you've lived with it, then its like Marlot says........................ me thinks i will keep mine, cant think what i would replace it with  Cool
marlot

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the same review?

http://www.driving.co.uk/car-reviews/the-clarkson-review-toyota-land-cruiser-2014/
nick j

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 20:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, but it never broke down did it?....
cir287

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 17:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you honestly really care ?

He's a big range rover fan and nothing will change that, did you see the test he did on the X6 bmw ?
bill1823

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 18:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
To the land rover muppet had my LC4 for 11 years and only replaced front calipers i call that OK, bar servicing of course.

Bill
sheepish

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 19:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with him about the headlights. Having driven a 90 and then a 120 for the past 15 years, it was a shock when I bought a 5 year old Suzuki Jimny as a little run around and suddenly I could see on all the unlit roads around here.
dannyson

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 0:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I must take a Discovery or a Range Rover out for a spin..... I did this before I bought my first Landcruiser Colorado - a Discovery - in around 2000. The ride was smooth as far as I remember but bits were falling off as I drove - kept it overnight - and couldn't wait to take it back..... gear knob fell off in my hand - headliner started hanging down - awful!  But, of course, I'm guessing things have improved somewhat.....  maybe Landcover have turned the corner and its what us Brits should buy for use in the UK - do we really need the 'rough and tumble' of a vehicle designed for deserts and the like with its rough no nonsense hard unsettled ride.  I'm watching the reliability issues of course.... big time .... as for me this it the most important!

Never been over impressed by Toyota service  - vehicle given back not having been cleaned .... but maybe I'm just too fussy? - your thoughts?
marlot

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

dannyson wrote:
...Never been over impressed by Toyota service  - vehicle given back not having been cleaned .... but maybe I'm just too fussy? - your thoughts?

My dealer was excellent (Toyota Sandhurst).
PhilMcConnachie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

My local dealer (Wolverhampton) is very good in the sense that they do what they say with no funny business. Prices are reasonable too compared to my local independent garage.

There are just too many horror stories with Land Rover reliability amongst people I know for me to be tempted.  Particularly unacceptable given the cost of buying one.
thor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over my years I driven [not necessarily owned] many different vehicles Land Rovers, Nissan Terrano ...that was very good owned that one. Very Happy big prestige cars, little cars [even a new 2cv] and so on.
I am retired my hobby takes me into fields and woodland, this car my Land cruiser is the best vehicle all round that I have ever owned, I have had the most fun in it careful now  Embarassed  Shocked]   It does what I want...It's easy to get in and out of, It starts first time, it's basically comfortable, I can go almost anywhere in the vehicle without having to think about it. Yes this is so much the best car I have driven and owned..

Land Cruiser LC3 D-4D Auto 2002
General Grabbers At2
Shovel
dannyson

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 0:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup! - a good endorsement thor. Of its capability over rough stuff there is no question I don't think.  However, they say over 90% of owners of our type of vehicles never go more off road other than up a steep kerb......  So for those 90% maybe something more 'swish' on road is better?  I've been looking at the new Discovery Sport v's the Rav - apart from reliability, which of course is untested with the LR for this model ... any thoughts? - reluctant to go to to Rav forum at this time..... bound to be biased.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: