Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Hello from the northwest

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> New member introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
analogue man

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 18:05    Post subject: Hello from the northwest Reply with quote

Hello all,
I've owned the HDJ 81 for around six months now an am building it into a
daily driver/Greenlaner/wild camper. It was a totally stock import when I bought it with auto transmission, no ABS and no airbags, exactly what I was looking for. Being an import the underneath is totally without rust and only 120,000 miles.
I've done a fair bit to it since I've owned it.......

Ironman 2" lift
Compomotive 16" alloys
285 BFG A/Ts
Cybox stainless exhaust
Split charge system with Optima battery
AFN winch bumper
Ironman winch
11mm synthetic rope
Ironman snorkel
African Outback aluminium rack
Ironman roof tent
Ironman 40L compressor fridge
Rock n Road roof net
DAB radio

I've also done various maintenance including cambelt kit, BEB's. Waxoyl etc. planning on a few more mods so I'll post them on here as I do them. The truck is due to be finished in August in time for a European trip in September.
I'll post some pictures when I work out how.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 18:05    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Indigo Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 21:12    Post subject: Cybox stainless exhaust Reply with quote

Hi....welcome to the group.

Could you kindly tell me how you found your new exhaust system. I am looking to change mine soon.

Did it fit well, any problems?
Performance diference?
Price?

Thanks
analogue man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I'm disappointed. When I unpacked it and examined it on the floor it looked like a good quality item. The box was well fabricated and the bends were all mandrel bent and the welds were of good standard.
It all went downhill when it came to fitting, in my opinion it's poorly designed. The main problem is that it will not fit with the running board brackets in place which means no running boards which in turn means new front mud flaps 'GS' style (£100+) because the pipe runs too close to the sill.
Two of the hangers had to be altered to fit as did the chassis bracket in front of the rear axel and the heat shield had to be removed. I would have sent it back but my old system was cut off so I couldn't reuse it!
In fairness the company has offered to rectify any problems when I complained but I haven't done this yet as it will mean a day a their premises. This really should not be advised a 'direct fit'.
Indigo Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi...thank you for these kind words of wisdom. I'm sorry to hear this has been unsatisfactory for you & perhaps others too. The exhaust system is not cheap by any means to buy & then pay to fit. I live in Cyprus & was thinking of a standard replacement or alternatively SS and pay out the difference to get a bigger bore & better long term investment.

I guess you have to get them made in house for the car to really get the best results.

Can I ask how was the performance & sound once you fitted it?
analogue man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:37    Post subject: Cybox system Reply with quote

Sorry for slow reply. To answer your questions, the sound of the new exhaust is similar in volume to the standard one but the note is deeper, both points I an happy with. The performance is unchanged but that is to be expected as this is the only engine modification so far. I am planning on fitting an alisport inter cooler at some point and up rating the pump, at that point the performance is noticeably different. I have done a "before and after" test an 80 with these mods and the increase in performance impressive.
analogue man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I forgot to mention, if you don't fancy the Cybox system check out Tecinox.com They are made in France to an amazing standard. I've seen one for an 80 and 100 series, very high quality and a good fit. Unfortunately they have a price tag to match but you do get what you pay for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> New member introductions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: