Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

garages around highwycombe to london?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General non-technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
liambuckley

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 13:27    Post subject: garages around highwycombe to london? Reply with quote

I have priced with several garages to do a cam belt change , fan belt change , oil and filters change.
you would think they could give a simple price back but nearly all of them say " you will want our full service it includes the oil change and 1001 checks, its only 300 odd pounds, then the cam belt and fan belt are on top and as we only check the air filter so that's on top as well" so I say I don't need you to waste your time and my money checking the levels and if the wipers are working I just require a simple price. 6  garages so far have said oh ill have to get back to you ! the only garage to ring me back are Toyota Berkshire their quote is £289 for the cam belt, £144 for fan belt, £120 for oil change. and cant carry out the work on a Saturday as its too much work for half a day !
can anyone recommend someone within an hours drive of high wycombe that could possibly this work on a Saturday or Sunday  ?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 13:27    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

joinerman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 19:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you live in High Wycombe Liam ?
liambuckley

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 20:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do  and drive to work in London early morning and late evenings.  so ideally I'm looking to get the work done on a weekend  if possible
joinerman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 21:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will ask the guy in the garage behind my workshop in the morning, what vehicle are you talking about ?
Were at Cryers hill btw
liambuckley

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers , I appreciate that .
2002 Colorado 3l Diesel
warthog

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 0:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liam - Joinerman ....

This is all outrageous!
My garage/workshop man fits the bits that I supply (incl oil) for £25 an hour. The bits come from Mr Toyota, the oil from Unipart/Andrew Page and the job gets done! Never more than an hour and a half and I give him the extra half hour as a tip and a sweetener for when I need help in a hurry! What is it with these southern garages? You would be cheaper to drive up here and meet Derek!
Love from Lancashire,

P
joinerman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warthog, Did i say the guy i use was expensive ?
warthog

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

No!
joinerman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 21:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liam, you have a pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General non-technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: