Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Upgrading 80-Series ICE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> ICE , Radios and Sat-Navs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikesVX80

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 16:09    Post subject: Upgrading 80-Series ICE Reply with quote

I have recently purchased my first 80-Series, and it is a completely standard vehicle including the original headunit, etc. This is pretty dated, and currently only the speaks on the LH side of the car work anyway..!

So, I am looking to moderately upgrade the sound system - the vehicle will be for expedition use, so a decent quality (but not competition-spec!) and robust/reliable system is required. The main requirements for the headunit are iPod connection (that allows control/charging of the iPod) as well as an Aux-in for other devices. A CD slot is a given usually, but not actually required. Lastly, I am looking at single-DIN units as the slot below will be used to house a CB radio.

In addition, I want to upgrade the speakers at the same - again, nothing fancy, just something simple, robust and better than standard will suffice. Ideally I would like to replace the standard system like for like (in terms of speaker size), to do this what would you recommend? In the boot area I have one speaker only on the driver's (RH) side - is this some kind of tiny sub? Seems weird not to have a mid-range speaker on either side!

Lastly, is the standard wiring suitable, or is there anything to be wary of? Will the headunit wiring be a straight "plug and play" swap, or does it require a seperate wiring harness? Or worst, soldering?!  Shocked  Wink

Thanks,

Mike
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 16:09    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> ICE , Radios and Sat-Navs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: