Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

How much ATF does my Prado require

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Obi one kenobie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:17    Post subject: How much ATF does my Prado require Reply with quote

Hello Guys, I've learnt quite a lot on here. Can any one please confirm how much ATF i require for an ATF replacement?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:17    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

modvrs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

The book says you only get two litres out, but I got more than five litres when I did mine. Others have reported similar results.
DaveWall

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming your talking Auto Gearbox - don't just drain and re-fill.... take it to a decent outfit that properly work the fluid out of the gearbox and fully replace it - just draining and re-filling only changes a small amount of the total oil in the box, and leaves contaminants inside etc etc

I've known broken boxes be fixed by properly cleaning and replacing fluid....
Juddian

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 21:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have changed two sumpfulls on mine, few days apart to allow the fluids to mix, now i've got some more fluid the third and final one i'll do in the next few days, it's not as good as a pro job (assuming the pro's can drain the torque converter, does it even have a drain bung?) but you're renewing a high percentage of the fluid this easy DIY way,  by buying it 20 litres at a time it's very cheap...roughly £60 for 20 litres.

5 litres comes out of the sump, easy to measure and replace with the right amount.

The regulars on the Subaru Outback forum do it this way too, i've done our Outback exactly the same way.

On both vehicles significant improvements in gearchange.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: