Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

2004 LC5 Rear Suspension

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
westfield

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 22:28    Post subject: 2004 LC5 Rear Suspension Reply with quote

Hi All, iv been trying to find a thread on the rear air suspension on a 2004 LC5 but there dose not seem to be one for the problem I have. So here is my problem. I went to collect a few rubber mats for my garden and everything ok, when I load them in the suspension would not lift with the extra weight, I did not really notice until I'm on my way home and the suspension is on it's knees and bottomed out. The air bags are empty and the pump is not pumping to lift the rear, any ideas welcome, thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 22:28    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Jet2work

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

westfield, did you get a fix for your problem as mine has done the same yesterday
14all_and_all41

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 16:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

There are some post, but they'll be pretty old be now, have a look, and if can't locate I'll try to post some useful info
Jet2work

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 13:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure if you found the reason for your suspension not working but mine was a failed connection link to the height sensor, apparently the extra weight of the horsebox caused the link to fail, replacement parts and fitting came to €500 or there abouts. has visions of new air bags or a pump.... but all back to normal now
PhilMcConnachie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine failed yesterday.  I already knew I had to get new shocks but it dawned on me that I had not heard the "bzzzzzz" noise as the suspension lowers after stopping the engine.  So I had a fiddle with the height control but could not get the air bags to reinflate on both sides.  Suspension bottomed out and was making a terrible noise.

I was going to have to buy new shocks only (cost £1100 for parts alone from Toyota) but after the air suspension failing I have instead ordered a full LC5 suspension kit which includes 2 x struts, shocks, springs and bump stops.  It basically replaces the air suspension with a conventional system akin to the LC4 or LC3.  Approx £670 from Pedders plus fitting on top.

Car is off the road while I await the parts from Oz.

I wonder whether the air suspension failed due to me using a pressure washer over the winter?  Maybe I blasted something with it.
stevo

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

i have an 03  3.0 land cruiser can i do the same thing and did you have to isolate anything to avoid issues with regard to warning lights etc

Stevo
gcpa968

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 22:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone fitted the pedders kit? Very interested in experience with ride height and ride quality. The air suspension on my lc5 has developed an intermittent fault and falls to lowest setting pretty randomly. Compressor airbags and one sensor replaced by previous owner so presuming its the other sensor which has failed but will ask mr t to diagnose and brace for impending big bill!

Cheers
G
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: