4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Anyone know what the magic electric box is in the back?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
136_D_001

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 20:18    Post subject: Anyone know what the magic electric box is in the back? Reply with quote

Does anyone else have in the back of their 120 and electric box in the bottle jack compartment and know what it is?

Mine is located and mounted in the top of the compartment and attached to the body shell. It measures about 6"x4" is grey with a toyota logo and a symbol of sounder of some sort. ( dot in the middle with 3 waves moving outwards). Connections are A B C D PWR and Display. Theres is a ton of cable coiled up into a neat ball and zip tied to the bodywork. And i mean about 5 or 6 meters of the stuff.

Discovered it today and cannot work out what it is? It looks OEM but fitted by some apprentice mechanic....

2003 KDJ120 5dr 3.0D
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 20:18    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

marlot

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

That will be the reversing sensors.

I think they may have been fitted in the UK when the LCs were imported.

Completely agree about them looking like aftermarket, home installed extras.
136_D_001

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 23:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I thought it might be but couldnt work out why it had a display output, as mine is a just a speaker velcroed to the back.

Its a terrible install, with its power cable and fuses hanging off the battery terminal.
deltafive

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 21:53    Post subject: Box Reply with quote

Might be reversing sensor, or maybe the trailer socket relay with a sounder  that fits in the rear compartment as well.

LC120 V6 lpg x 2
Hilux D4D MK 6
Hilux MK2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: