Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

2014 Landcruser rear disk replacement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leehebrides

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:32    Post subject: 2014 Landcruser rear disk replacement Reply with quote

I have just purchased replacement disks for my 2104 3l Landcruiser.  I have purchased pagid disk the were recommended as a good replacement, when I striped out the old disk and tried to put on the new ones I cannot get them to sit flush, there being about a 3mm gap between the disk and the hub. The parking brake is wound full back and I even removed to see,if that was the problem, still will not fit.  Even tried to force them using the wheel nuts but no joy. Any suggestions would be gratefully received
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:32    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Roger Fairclough

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 17:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Force should not be required.

Sometimes you will get a build up of rust or paint that needs removing, preferably with a angle grinder fitted with a wire wheel. If the hub and the new disc are clean and you still can't fit them, query the suppliers.

Roger
Leehebrides

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply,  After a  little while with a ruler ect and placing the old disk on top of the new one,miss have found that the centre hole has not been machined as wide as the old one, 1mm all around , you can see a faint line around the centre where it should have be ground out to. I now need to grind the inner edge down.   Photograph it and send it to the suppliers so they can check back with the makers.   I had this with a set of pad I bought not long ago, ever pad perfect but the last one, where one of the hole for the mounting pins as to small.
Roger Fairclough

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 13:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not good. You need to advise Pagid direct and before you try machining the disc. If the pads are also Pagid ditto.

Roger
trooperman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 16:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised a 2014 vehicle requires new rear discs, fitted Pagid on my 1997 Colorado last year
Leehebrides

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 17:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the salt water , living on an island were never more than a few hundred yards from saltwater, plus boat launching, had to do my disco one a year and cut the old disks of with a grinder
trooperman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 17:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah boat launching would explain it then
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: