4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Power locking hubs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 70 Series / Prado / Troopie / Bundera Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FDR

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 17:16    Post subject: Power locking hubs Reply with quote

Hello,

First i'd like to say hello to everyone, i've only just found this forum which is great to see so many people with toyota's!

I've just brought a landcruiser II that I'm getting ready to put on the road, I'm having trouble at the moment removing the power locking hub as I need to replace a the brake discs and fit a new wheel stud, has anyone got a picture of this or manual that can tell me how to get the hub off?

Any advice would be great!

Many Thanks
Eddy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 17:16    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Dave j

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 22:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it the end cap with the recessed collars you are having trouble getting off ?
FDR

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 0:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

No that part has come off, I removed the 6 torx bolts.

That then leaves the rest of the hub, and inside that there is a gear that sits on part of the cv joint.

The other part of the hub has 4 dome headed nuts which I have removed, but that is all that will come off!

Could that part be seized?
pidge

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 21:33    Post subject: Just done it yesterday Reply with quote

eddie! I own a 93 Lj78 , which has a damaged bearing. I only striped the hub down last nite. As I couldnt find a manual , I had a go anyway. If Ican be of help let me know. Its not as hard as you might think Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 70 Series / Prado / Troopie / Bundera Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: