NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

should place gear in N position waiting red traffic light

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
agtoyota

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 16:13    Post subject: should place gear in N position waiting red traffic light Reply with quote

Hi Everybody, I cannot find a Solution to this thought .. and nothing said in the owner manual.

first important to say I have got an automatic gearbox

When waiting at a red light or waiting in traffic few minutes before moving again, is it better to place the gear stick in N Neutral position and avoid the car being in constant pull or is it ok to leave it in D Drive position??

It feels like a release when the the gear is placed in N position but then at the same time if you are in town or traffic the continuous D to N and vice versa  is it going to affect the transfer box??

any help or reply would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Ride Safe
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 16:13    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 17:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always keep it in drive, and don't see the point in changing all the time, if I wanted to change gear I would have got a manual car.
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
nick j

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 18:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here, leave it in drive....
Sam Widges

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently it's better for the gearbox if you leave it in drive, and the decrease in fuel consumption is marginal.

There's a Youtube video called "5 Things You Should Never Do In An Automatic Transmission Vehicle" that goes into it. I'd post a link but I'm too new here to post links, sorry.
Edward

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in D with brake peddle firmly depressed  Smile
agtoyota

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks everyone Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: