2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Do you name and shame a highly rated supplier?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Garages / Servicing Agents / Mechanics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jvoelcker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 17:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Frank,

Just seen the great pics of your trip to Romania and then across the Pyrenees.

As per my emails last week, have you got any better photos of the damage to your diff breather?

Looking at some of the tracks you have been driving, is it possible for the breather to have suffered impact damage?

Your email implied that the damage may have been caused by 'not enough length to miss moving parts', however I can't see how that would cause the airline fitting in the axle to break so long after fitting - if the pipe run was too tight I would have thought it would have failed on your Romanian trip or earlier on the Pyrenese trip.

Am more than happy to help, but do need to see better quality photos, ideally from the back of the axle - the picture you provided (below) doesn't show enough detail.

Julian
1994 HDJ80, with loads of mods without looking too obscene Smile
1997 KZJ95 - Gilly's - plain black and muddy on BFG ATs.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 17:16    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

fcook22

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:07    Post subject: Diff breather pictures Reply with quote

Diff breather pics
Patriot roofrack.
Cooper Discoverer S/T Maxx tyres, 285/75/16.
CURRENTLY
UK 1995 80 24v VX
jvoelcker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Frank for the photos, much clearer.

As explained in my email, the bracket that holds the anti-roll bar on to the axle on that side of the car has ripped off the axle leaving that end of the anti-roll bar floating around in the air subsequently ripping the breather pipe from the fitting (and breaking it in the process), but not before the serrated edge of the mount cutting in to the pipe.

The failure of the anti-roll bar link is relatively common, but not common enough to warrant us getting under there and welding strengthening plates.  People normally notice the difference in handling or the knocking and then either live with it to the end of the trip or get it fixed during a mid trip service - it's not a show stopper problem.

For the bigger lift kits or trucks that are more heavily loaded we do fit drop blocks to lower the anti-roll bar at the back and thus alleviate the problem a bit by reducing the angles, but if there is weakness there already it won't help that much.

Julian
1994 HDJ80, with loads of mods without looking too obscene Smile
1997 KZJ95 - Gilly's - plain black and muddy on BFG ATs.
fcook22

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 13:35    Post subject: Complaint Closed Reply with quote

Refund received.
So case closed.

Frank

Patriot roofrack.
Cooper Discoverer S/T Maxx tyres, 285/75/16.
CURRENTLY
UK 1995 80 24v VX
thewormman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 13:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an ongoing dispute with Overland Cruisers and Julian Voelcker

Not once did he reply to me about my problem, or try to rectify it.

Last edited by thewormman on Fri May 30, 2014 11:02; edited 1 time in total
LC80togo

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 18:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picking the car up at the weekend.

Last edited by LC80togo on Fri May 30, 2014 8:31; edited 1 time in total
administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!

Julian Voelcker / Overland Cruisers has a fantastic reputation in the Landcruiser world - what a shame if this is what it's come to!

Simon Sad
Bigchaser

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 22:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

administrator wrote:
Wow!

Julian Voelcker / Overland Cruisers has a fantastic reputation in the Landcruiser world

Simon Sad

I could not agree more, I have always used Overland Cruisers. Julian has just finished prepping my truck for Iceland, once again he gave me excellent service.
2017 Honda Jazz - wife's car
2017 Toyota Fortuner - company truck
thewormman

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 10:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

LC80togo wrote:
Picking the car up at the weekend.

Shame you removed your explanation of the faults and delays you experienced with Overland Cruisers, people need to know these things when they are choosing who to use  Sad
wenona362

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 20:48    Post subject: Overland Cruisers Reply with quote

I would most definitely name and shame Julian's set up.
I started to write a long spiel about my treatment by them e.g., total non response once they had their money. - (even charging me VAT on a book i bought), but my computer lost it and i can't be bothered going through it again tonight. I am not a young man knowledgeable about land cruisers but a cash strapped travelled retired lady in her 60's (..aahh pennies dropping??) who wanted to continue to travel off road by means other than feet or bike but who allowed herself (in  ignorance) to be persuaded that i needed a 'checkover' before 'fittings' and who trusted Julian's words "we can then provide you with a breakdown of any issues we find, costs for getting things repaired and then also give you guidance on any extra work you want.

Yes, and pigs can fly...!!
Like someone says, he 's not hungry any more.
thewormman

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 11:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up taking Julian Voelker, Overland Cruisers all the way to court to get over a thousand pounds of my money back.

Only communication I ever got from Voelker was a threat of legal action for libel if I made my case public, that was until the Magistrate told him he had to pay me back.  Smile

overland cruisers review

Last edited by thewormman on Sun May 29, 2016 0:38; edited 3 times in total
wenona362

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 23:05    Post subject: overland cruisers Reply with quote

Glad you took him to court. Did you get your money back?

I think he's built his reputation because he can talk the talk, but he clearly can't handle follow up or basic customer service in any shape or form.  Once  the work is done and he's got his money in his hand that's the end of the story as far as he's concerned.  But if there's any follow up needed or even simple confirmation of work done, he doesn't want to know.
After his scare tactics (and his reputation) persuaded me to have an unplanned health check (I was enquiring about minor interior adaptations for travel) he hasn't even emailed me to inform me of the work they did, what they checked, any problems  they found or things which i ought to be aware of. To quote julian "We can then provide you with a break down of any issues we find, costs for getting things repaired, and then give you guidance on any of the extra work you may want." He has done absolutely none of this.  I feel I have been completely tricked and wish I'd delayed the £400 payment until i received written breakdown of the work done and results found.

Not only that, he made a big spiel about how crooked the motor industry is, etc. and how if they did the check before my MOT was due they could identify any problems which I could maybe get fixed under my warranty (even though he said warranties are not worth the paper they're written on). They then proceeded to remove my 12 month old shocks, replace them with some 2nd hand ones unsuitable for off roading, and gave me the old ones to show to my workshop so they would give me new ones. Being in the industry he should have known that once something is interfered with (i.e. removed) the warranty becomes invalid.

On a lighter note, but which illustrates his cavalier attitude, he even put a book i bought from his office on my bill under 'parts' and charged me VAT on it.

He didn't even email me a costing for interior work which i would still have been interested in. Not now of course.
I feel he took complete advantage of me. Knowing that i was retired, on a tight budget and ignorant about vehicles, he deliberately used scare monger tactics to persuade me to have something different from what i wanted.

I also know (because i was there all day) that he has a secretary/personal assistant (Sandra) who was answering the phone and emails, so I don't know if she's got a separate line or what.
wenona362

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 23:09    Post subject: overland cruisers Reply with quote

I have, incidentally, phoned or emailed julian at least 20 times by now.
thewormman

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 0:51    Post subject: Re: overland cruisers Reply with quote

wenona362 wrote:
Glad you took him to court. Did you get your money back?

Yes I did, including the cost of having to go to court in Hereford and all the court costs.

Not only did he not bother to reply to any of my communications he had the arrogance to not bother to reply to the court letters or do what the magistrate ordered him to do so didnt even reply to him. The day in court was rather satisfying.

Magistrate: I have here a witness statement from Mr M and nothing from you Mr Voelker, is that correct?
Voelker: yes
Magistrate: do you know what that means?
Voelker: yes
Magistrate: so the judgement is in Mr M's favour.
Voelker: can I just question some things in his statement?
Magistrate: No, you cannot say anything because you didnt do what I ordered, we are now going to work out how much you owe Mr M

YES! God it was difficult not to laugh finally after a year I got my £1100 back - what an idiot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Garages / Servicing Agents / Mechanics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: