4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

AirHelp Air Bag Spring Kits for KZJ78

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 70 Series / Prado / Troopie / Bundera Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommi786

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:14    Post subject: AirHelp Air Bag Spring Kits for KZJ78 Reply with quote

Hi all,

any views on whether airhelp kits are any good? My KZJ78 tends to sag at the back when fully loaded and am considering this kit instead of heavy duty springs as I do not want a harsh ride when I am driving the car empty.

http://www.mattsavage.co.uk/acatalog/Air-Helper-Kit-AL030.html

Thoughts please.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:14    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

oldblue

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 23:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used air bags on my KZJ71 and they worked OK, I made the mistake of fitting them with the air pipe mounted at the top , this caused the nipple to leak where it went into the bag. better to have the air pipes  comeing out from under the bag.
Tommi786

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am really keen on airbags but was under the car yesterday and have noted that there is no real upper support for them at the top of the spring mounts. On the KZJ78 the spring seats at the top are fully open (a big round circle just short of the spring diameter) and about an inch above that is the car body base panel.  Airbags would therefore in my view be pushing up on the car body rather than the spring mounts and frame. That would be no good and probably cause damage.

Anyone with experience in this?
oldblue

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 23:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

The very reason for installing them upside down, cut a plywood disc for the top
Tommi786

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 15:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - but it would still put load direct on the body rather than the spring mounts and chassis?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 70 Series / Prado / Troopie / Bundera Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: