4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

How many LC V8 Deisel 200 are on this site.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 200 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rangrov

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 20:19    Post subject: How many LC V8 Deisel 200 are on this site. Reply with quote

Hi guys after having my 2010 LC4 for 3 .5 years and being more than happy with the car I decide to buy a new LC 200 V8 diesel, I was just wondering how many LC 200 owners are members in the UK on this Forum, So don't be shy come forward and take a bow and give us your opinions, fuel consumption, niggles, happy or sad thoughts, I will be putting my findings on here in a few weeks, it is to soon to say anything up to now. cheers. Very Happy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 20:19    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

hamishmoon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi  my wife and I took  delivery on 16th December of a new V8 in Pearl white with the shell sahara leather.
so far the fuel consumption has been dissapointing  but I was prepared for that , around 22-23 on a 750 mile long trip  but it had only done zero miles  at that time,
comfort wise  very  happy , road noise and in general the noise level is excellent. I test drove an LC4 at the same time and the V8  was chalk  and cheese noise and ride wise.
I  have used one in my  work  for years ok not the V8 but I have always liked them. The V8 is plush but not oppulent like the new Range rovers, although it is good quality it has a feel  that you can use it and not worry  too much if you will score or scratch the leather with the dog or coats and during periods of bad weather, where as I got the impression with the latest RRS and Ranger Rover  that  they had moved fwd to another level  of comfort and quality , which I was not needing in a second vehicle. Things I considered before buying , even though I had always liked the Landcruiser was  the 5 year warranty , the fact it is the most popular 4X4 probably world wide, and it only seems to be britain and maybe europe  which  they are maybe not as popular. I am working and living in Kazkhstan at present and Range Rovers are as rare here as V8 Landcruisers are in UK. I knew I would not be dissapointed and living in Perthshire it will be perfect for all weathers there as would other normal 4x4's . I  dont like being normal  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
rangrov

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:55    Post subject: 10 DAYS ON Reply with quote

Hi guys, as I am new to this forum and i introduced myself once  previously I thought I would list my findings of my new 2014 LC 200, I have owned her for just over a week, the best fuel consumption is 26.1 bearing in mind I have only clocked 530 miles, as I came from an LC4 which returned me between 27 and 35 mpg I am not disappointed, the car drives extremely smooth, it is highly comfortable with enough luxury for my 56 year old frame, my niggles which may seem pathetic to some are, bearing in mind my LC4 had most of these extras, No under step lights, (I found extremely handy preventing me standing in puddles etc in the dark,) No follow me home head lights, No automatic locking when driving off, I.E good for personal security, No heated steering wheel for UK, fridge capacity smaller, No electric tail gate, and the most crazy thing is, I have beige cream leather, I ordered the factory fit load space cover, when the dealer received it, it was in black, they informed me it only comes in black with the fittings also only in black, the dealer tho being very helpful have painted the cup holder fittings to match my interior but the load space cover is in black, I have complained to Toyota UK 4 times about my findings only to be told there is nothing they can or will do, also I have brought the eco lock situation I.E changing up gear to easily when cruising, they turned a deaf one to that, to be honest all these little niggles leave a bad taste in your mouth especially after spending nearly £70.000. The car itself tho is fantastic, it drives like a true luxury car. I have had quite a few range rovers but after all the troubles and break downs I can not afford to return to them. The LC 200 is a superb 4x4 all we need is Toyota to look at the little extras. A friend said the other day why did I chose Toyota, the answer was simple, I know were ever I am in the world I have the confidence that the car will always get me home, fingers crossed, haha. any advice on the UK eco lock situation will be appreciated. thanks.
hamishmoon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmmm eco lock  you have got me ???
O know I switched off the annoying green light on the dash board but not sure actually know what you mean but one way to override it would be to move the lever to the manual mode ??
be interesting to hear some comments also  I guess you can override it also  with one of the buttons which is I think called power ?? as it is meant to be used in Hilly terrain so then I guess it would not change up gear so quickly
just a thought
rangrov

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 13:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi the eco lock has nothing to do with the dash light, that is only to give you a gauge on your driving, the gearbox eco lock which I have found out about is, when your travelling and the car eventually ends up in 6th gear the rev counter drops for fuel economy, approx 1500 rpm at 70mph, as soon as you touch the throttle no matter how gentle you are, the car gears up I.E drops down to 5th or even 4th, with an eco lock system it makes the gearbox more tight, I.E you have to push down on the throttle slightly harder to drop the gears, but with the diesel V8 having so much torque for cruising it does not need to be dropping the gears so often so you can get up to 30% more fuel consumption, as soon as my car is run in I.E 5000 miles I will be having the fitment done, I hope my layman explanation is clear to you guys, apparently Toyota know about this problem but they are turning a deaf one, apparently the gear box is more suited to the petrol V8, thanks.
rangrov

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S And trying to drive the car in manual will not allow you to override the gears for cruising.
hamishmoon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right I am with you now ,
I am not in the UK  at the moment to try  the manual override ,
what fitment can you get for this eco lock ?? as I would be interested in this
rangrov

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I have spoken to  Lindop Toyota at queensferry near chester, they do an electronic upgrade eco lock for the gear box, I will be having one fitted when my car has done about 5000 miles, nicely run in. plus they do the tuning chip also, I may treat myself to one of those as well. cheers.
CJM625

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 14:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

We got one last week very happy with it, nearly at 600 miels already, oh and the eco light works fine under a light foot!

Has anybody worked out how to make the door locks "autolock"?

120 Invincible Grey with Grey

150 Invincible Black with Beige
Tetleys

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 17:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi CJM625

Got my V8 back in June, 4500 miles and very happy. See my comments re tuning at Lindrop Brothers in other thread.

The doors wont autolock !!  I had Toyota at Warrington plug in the computer and there is no option to do so on any of the menus

Quite surprising really given all the tech on the car, and given its sells well in USA where autolocking is a given

cheers

Tetleys
CJM625

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 0:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The locking is a small pain but we have git used to pressing the button now.

I write ecu software so when I get a few clear days I'll get to remapping the 200.

It's a great car.

120 Invincible Grey with Grey

150 Invincible Black with Beige
shiner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 21:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all got my 2014 200 in August 7k so far and like the way it tows anything. But been driven mad by incompetent main dealer who damaged the interior panels fitting a load cover in the back then when they replaced all the panels they put brown fittings in instead of black duh . Niggles are the wobbly headlights that are distracting on ruts and pot holes . Also interference of the keyfob that left me stranded with no way of locking or unlocking or starting the car the manual key would set of the alarm but in the end found that if you put the remote under the steering column it would work. Possible inference from sky tv repeaters . Wonder who else has had this problem?
shiner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 0:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

shiner wrote:
Hi all got my 2014 200 in August 7k so far and like the way it tows anything. But been driven mad by incompetent main dealer who damaged the interior panels fitting a load cover in the back then when they replaced all the panels they put brown fittings in instead of black duh . Niggles are the wobbly headlights that are distracting on ruts and pot holes . Also interference of the keyfob that left me stranded with no way of locking or unlocking or starting the car the manual key would set of the alarm but in the end found that if you put the remote under the steering column it would work. Possible inference from sky tv repeaters . Wonder who else has had this problem?

Now dealer at Waterlooville trying to work out hill start assist goes for a joy ride at twice the speed limit  turn up the volume search youtube for  WKB Toyota now Snows toyota mechanic thrashing my LC200 at 70mph in a 30mph limit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 200 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: