Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

HELP PLEASE -FJ AND KDJ DIFFERENCE?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HiUp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 13:42    Post subject: HELP PLEASE -FJ AND KDJ DIFFERENCE? Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me the difference between an FJ 120 (03 - 09) and a KDJ 120 (03 - 09)?

Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 13:42    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

sheepish

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not aware there was an FJ 120. There is an FJ Cruiser, one of these, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_FJ_Cruiser

J120 refers to the Prado generation 3. One of these https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Land_Cruiser_Prado#/media/File:Toyota_Land_Cruiser_front_20071126.jpg

The letter(s) before the J refer to the engine.
KD is the 3 litre turbo diesel that we got in the UK.
F is a 4 litre petrol, but Toyota stopped making it before 2003, which is why the idea of an FJ120 seems odd.
There were FKJ120s made. The FK engine is a 4.5L petrol, I think mostly sold in the US.

Do you have any links to an FJ120?
andy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GRJ120 is a 4 litre petrol engine, this was sold in Europe and used a  1GRFE engine, it was also used in the 150 series.
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
ITWORX

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:27    Post subject: J120 Reply with quote

The GRJ120 was not just sold in Europe but in fact Toyota sold more GRJ120's in Australia..it has the 1GR-FE 4 Litre V6 Petrol Motor in it, I'm here in the UK having moved from Australia and I also brought my Australian Plated GRJ120 (Owned since new), They DIDNT Come out in the USA, the US got under the Lexus badging the GX470 (V8)..👍😱😆
HiUp

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 19:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help guys.

I was looking for a replacement roof bar for my KDJ120 at various breakers - hence needed to know what vehicles were the same.

I eventually got a brand new set (both sides), with all fittings, from a UK company for £79.95 with free postage. Good deal or what?

Breakers were asking over £100 for a used ONE in poor nick.

My original curb side roof bar got bent (dont ask) when it was in for a service and other bits (Not by Mr T). I am hoping to keep my Beast looking as lovely as it does for as long as poss. - cause I love it and want to keep it! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: