All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

AHC error C1764

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
john hayes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 17:20    Post subject: AHC error C1764 Reply with quote

Hi I have a problem with my 2006 amazon
i took it to toyota main dealer and the diagnosis said
C1764 oil pressure abnormality by not opening accumulator valve
But the service people have no idea what this means
can anyone help
john hayes
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 17:20    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

saskia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

John according to the manual the problem area for that can be:

Quote:
Height control accumulator
Height control accumulator valve circuit
Fluid pressure sensor
Fluid clog in the fluid line or each solenoid valve

On page DI-261 there is a section on how to test for "Fluid pressure Abnormality"

Quote:
DTC detection Condition:
When the pump & motor is ON and the pump delivery pressure has exceeded 15.8 MPa (161kgf/cm2, 2, 290 psi) continuously for 0.3 sec.

Easiest will be to download the manual, see www.mudtoys.com/manuals/100/05rm.pdf
john hayes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 15:45    Post subject: AHC error C1764 Reply with quote

thanks sakia
downloaded manual and have read it
Spioke to the Toyota dealer didnt let on I have read the manual and they were very evasive
when i turn on the engine and leave it idle in a stationary position the height is normal but the indicator light says LO
if i press the raise button  or move forward the N light will flash for a while but no movemt upwards and the the Height control OFF light starts to flash and the N light stops flashing and the LO light stays on
The vehicle sat down on its rear end last xmas during the real cold spell and I took it to the Dealer in Jan and they said it was only a minor problem which they sorted but the indicator light has been on low ever since and the height control light flashing OFF
jmh
jvoelcker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John,

What year is the car and what work has been done to it so far?

We encounter a number of spurious errors on AHC systems that are often down to things like problems with sensors and rear wiring looms.

The first thing I would do it to get the fluid flushed to check the condition of it, then I would probably go back to Toyota to ask them to check the signals from the sensors, although make sure they actually know how to use the tester - there are issues with the sensors and rear loom where the correct signals fail to get through resulting in the pump over pressurising the system.

Julian
1994 HDJ80, with loads of mods without looking too obscene Smile
1997 KZJ95 - Gilly's - plain black and muddy on BFG ATs.
john hayes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:06    Post subject: Ahc error1764 Reply with quote

Thanks julian
Its 2006
Nothing done to it in factory condition
Jmh
john hayes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have replaced all the fluid in the resevoir with new fluid from toyota and opened and cheched the rear sensor and its fine but still have flashing off light
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: