All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Loss of power in Colarado D4D 2002 model

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Malcolm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 18:14    Post subject: Loss of power in Colarado D4D 2002 model Reply with quote

After 207,000 trouble free miles suddenly my LC doesn't want to go. Soon as there is a demand for power it drops revs and slows down. Revs can be gradually built up again slowly as long as no real power is required. No warning lights come on (and they do work). Any ideas everyone?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 18:14    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

benterrier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 18:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possible fuel filter blocked.......when was it changed last.

Regards
Benterrier
jvoelcker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 18:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, the first thing to check is the basics, fuel and air.

What is the state of the air filter?  When did you last change the fuel filter?

The chances are you either have a restriction in the fuel supply due to dirt in the tank or filter, or you may have a rust hole in the fuel pickup pipe leading to a lot of air getting in to the system

Julian
1994 HDJ80, with loads of mods without looking too obscene Smile
1997 KZJ95 - Gilly's - plain black and muddy on BFG ATs.
Malcolm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 19:08    Post subject: Loss of Power Reply with quote

Thanks. Full service at 200k. A gave the girl a Mr T birthday present! There is another post on general tech help with same problem. The error code coming up is P1228. Happened just after a full tank of Morrisson's finest. I discussed the air getting in today as had that with a Leyland Roadrunner.
jvoelcker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 19:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who did you take it to now that Brooklyn have gone?  (where are you near Gloucester?)

Julian
1994 HDJ80, with loads of mods without looking too obscene Smile
1997 KZJ95 - Gilly's - plain black and muddy on BFG ATs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: