4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Newbie..Interested in Buying a Landcruiser BUT WHICH ONE!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toyotazoo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:54    Post subject: Newbie..Interested in Buying a Landcruiser BUT WHICH ONE! Reply with quote

Hi to all,

Just joined the club as I am interested in buying a 7 seater 4x4.

I was thinking of either a Discovery, Shogun or Landcruiser(My favourite)

I understand that the shogun can have gearbox problems so I guess its between the Discovery and Landcruiser.

It will be out main family car but its unlikely it will be doing more than 10k a year. It will not be needed for heavy towing just transport for me to and from work and taking the family a new dog on holiday !.

I like the later rounded shape model but have no idea yet what the difference models are...

I am not too worried about mileage as I only have about £5k to spend.

Any help with this...?

Is there much difference between a 3.0 and 4.2 TD ?
Was the facelift in 1995 a major one ?
Is the VX the one to go for ?
Any good dealers/websites to find these models ?
WHAT ABOUT IMPORTS ?

I would like to buy over the next few weeks

Thanks

Peter
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:54    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

realspeed

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 21:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldn't touch a Range rover with a barge pole.I had one and the telephone radio signals from the masts affected to remote locking. Also the service costs are hugely inflated compared to a landcruiser, from personal experience about 4x the cost.

Don't know too much about the Mitsubishi but I believe they are 2 wheel drive with 4 wheel drive option which is,  if this is, so a cop out from being a real 4x4, maybe I wrong.

As for Landcruisers yes I am on my 3rd "Amazon" , the new ones you have to be aware of ride height sensors "see other posts" and tyre wear on the  front outside of the nearside tyre, in my case the tracking was 6 mm out.
However having said that I just cannot fault the Toyota backup, also had 2 lexus 4x4, and in every case without fail the after care is second to none, and that is just not from one dealer either.

The choice is yours obviously but I know which Mark I would go for.

Realspeed
realspeed

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

The VX is the top of the range and as regards the difference between  the Colorado (3 ltr) as it was now the Landcruiser, and the Amazon 4.2 ltr it depends on personal choice and circumstances. I prefer the Amazon because with the third row of seats removed the load space is enormous, especially with the second row of seats folded. More like a luxury van when used like this.
Obviously it depends on model regarding fuel consumption but to give you some idea my 2 yr old Amazon returns about 24 mpg around the houses and 30mpg+ on motorways (Diesel), again a lot depends on the right foot. By the by the Sat nav is one of the best I have seen and well worth having.

Like any car make sure the service book is up to date, if not walk away.

Imports can be a bit tricky, UK dealers only have part numbers for UK cars so getting a replacement may prove awkward, if you go for an import I would suggest the dealer can obtain the necessary bits for it, even down to servicing.

Everybody has good things and bad things to say about any car, What i would say is try them all out first then make a decision.

realspeed
realspeed

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 21:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

have a look at  www.ggg.co.uk to give you some idea of pricing.

Realspeed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: