All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

New member/ buying 100 series

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpc333deer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 22:45    Post subject: New member/ buying 100 series Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I'm a new member and at present drive a 94 soft dash Range Rover fitted with multi-point LPG. I am going to replace the RR with a land cruiser amazon 100 series probably 2001ish. Quite like the idea of getting a 4.7 and having it LPGd instead of having a diesel. I would like advise on any other systems that members has experience with or can advise on? My present system is BIGAS fitted by me, it returns 3 miles/ litre. I have heard that the prins or prinz system is good but cannot be obtained as a kit for self fit. Reading through the post's it would appear that a gassed 4.7 returns about the same as my RR, that is 13-13.5 mpg.

Apart from autotrader I have looked at some auction websites. Brightwells seems to get 100 series regularly, can anyone recommend any others. I live in south Hants.

Jim.

ps My first attempt at post ended up in the for sale section, I will do better in future!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 22:45    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

JohnNash

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 21:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of years ago I considered replacing my '98 100 series diesel with a newer 4.7 petrol and having it converted to gas. I contacted many installers for a quote, but most of them discouraged me.

I travel from Stoke to Scotland frequently and do a lot of cruising 75-80mph. I was told that at this constant speed valves can burn out, but if used away from the motorway it would be OK. I've not heard of this before, but the comment came from several places. I recommend you do lots of homework and speak to others before having this done.

On the flip side, one of the guys at work has a gas converted 4.0 Jeep and has no probelms in three years.

good luck.
1978 BMWR100S (retirement project)
1994 BMW R100RT (last of the marque and mint)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: