Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Sat Nav DVD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gb062295

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 16:34    Post subject: Sat Nav DVD Reply with quote

Ive recently bought a 2002/2003 Landcruiser Amazon which has a colour touch screen, voice op sat nav system, and has the original 2002, V1 dvd, which has so far tried to send me the wrong way a few times..

Is it possible to obtain a more up to date dvd, without paying the extortionate £220 that Toyota want to charge. Toyota sat nav dvds are on e bay for less than £30, but some are for Toyota TNS 300 systems, and I cant see anywhere on either the sat nav system, or the dvd itself where the system type is quoted.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 16:34    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

nbunney

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 99 VX, with Toyota Sat Nav, not the full touch screen type like yours, but a flip up screen above the radio. Anyway my disc has TNS 500 on the DVD it's self.
Mine is a 99 version and I am looking to upgrade, but do not know if the are swapable.
Let me know how you get on.
Cheers
Nigel
RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 20:20    Post subject: Re: Sat Nav DVD Reply with quote

gb062295 wrote:
Ive recently bought a 2002/2003 Landcruiser Amazon which has a colour touch screen, voice op sat nav system, and has the original 2002, V1 dvd, which has so far tried to send me the wrong way a few times..

Is it possible to obtain a more up to date dvd, without paying the extortionate £220 that Toyota want to charge. Toyota sat nav dvds are on e bay for less than £30, but some are for Toyota TNS 300 systems, and I cant see anywhere on either the sat nav system, or the dvd itself where the system type is quoted.

Hi

Just a bit of useless info, I have a 2004 Amazon with a Dvd 2004-2005 Ver 2

And I was told the discs were nearer £500, but not sure what system I have re the TNS 300 or what ever !

Steve
lucky
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 18:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

nbunney wrote:
I have a 99 VX, with Toyota Sat Nav, not the full touch screen type like yours, but a flip up screen above the radio. Anyway my disc has TNS 500 on the DVD it's self.
Mine is a 99 version and I am looking to upgrade, but do not know if the are swapable.
Let me know how you get on.
Cheers
Nigel

The TNS 500 is a CD based system not a DVD one. I have one in my 93 80 series. New discs for it are £149 from Toyota, they also sometimes come up on e bay. So do the DVDs for the later ones.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: