NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

LC90 D4D Blown head gasket or cracked head

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benterrier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 14:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

HairyWookie wrote:
Interesting read; really glad you are all sorted.

They truly are tough old sods; provided issues are caught early by monotoring everything mechanical on them, coolant level, coolant colour, warm up times, oil level, oil colour etc, I think you have to go a long way to causing lasting damage.

One query though; what is Jizer??
Need to do a coolant change on mine this year; looked at Forte flush.

Thank you,

Jizer......a water rinsable degreaser........
Marvellous thing Google!

Regards
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 14:33    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

HairyWookie
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 15:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I saw that. Cheap at screw fix.
Wasn't sure if that was the same stuff. Mine is manual gearbox, don't think any benefit for me.

Coolant & thermostat changed 22 months ago; but not flushed.

Any flush recommendations?
Seen loads of different types at varying prices.

Is it worth doing a flush?
Staring in radiator, it looks quite clean water. Hydrometer at only -15 deg C rating though. Strange, quite diluted, but not by me, I added 1/4 litre water when heat exchanger fitted, this won't have diluted it so much surely?

1997 KZJ95 3.0TD GX Manual (Jess)
Weekend Warrior with 18 years of mechanical experience; still learning...
Occasional use on SVO...
mks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 23:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jizer is a degreaser. I only used it to remove the oil sludge from the system. Not sure I would bother if just changing the coolant. I was concerned that sludge would have blocked the thin rear heater pipes. I solved this by running the system up to temp under pressure then disconnecting the rear heater pipe at the rear heater using the pressure to force the sludge out, worked a treat.

Martin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: