4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Noise from front end

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Running gear / gearbox / suspension / brakes / wheels / tyres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lennytoyota

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 20:19    Post subject: Noise from front end Reply with quote

I have started to get a whining noise from the front end after about twenty miles,feels like it hasent geared up to top as mine is  a auto but I know it has. sounds to me like the diff Sad its just pasted it MOT so if it was wheel bearings they should have picked it up.

Your thoughts Lenny

colarado 3.0 auto
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 20:19    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

joinerman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's wheel bearings you usually get a long brake peddle because the allow the disc to wobble slightly & push the pads back into the caliper so the first time you brake the pads have further to travel,

I have a whine from the front left hand side of mine that's intermittent, just does it when the OH is in the passenger seat !!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Running gear / gearbox / suspension / brakes / wheels / tyres All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: