2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

New here..testing a VX...help required

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darwin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 19:05    Post subject: New here..testing a VX...help required Reply with quote

Hi
I have never bought a Toyota before, and have been mainly a BMW driver for 20 years. Now I want a serious off road 4x4 which is also a good on road vehicle. Clearly the X5 is a very good on road vehicle but has limited off road capability. So I am looking at the LC 100 series, the LR Disco III and maybe the Jeep...I have test driven the Disco III today, and will be test driving the LC 100 on Monday. The Disco III is very high spec and on paper it seems ideal for what I need. However, I am not sure of its reliability. The LC100 is probably alot more reliable then the DIII, I really dont know, I am just posting here to see if anyone has used both or has a definite opinion on either...Any helpfull comments will be welcomed, and pos also the unhelpfull ones  Laughing
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 19:05    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a 100 series but it should help you make your mind up.

http://www.tlocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1211
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
Darwin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 19:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what is the LC 100 body made out of?  Confused
macbuzzard

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
See my reply to Grimbo (23 Nov).  Before deciding on Nissan, I investigated Discovery 3; according to main dealer, they still have reliability problems (honest man!).  The Nissan Pathfinder initially looks like the poor man's 4x4 after looking at the Discovery / LC / RR interiors, but at around 30K for the top-of-the-range one it's great value.  Drives well on & off road, massive internal space, 7 seats, lots of fun bits and a better SatNav than the Amazon
realspeed

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a Range Rover 1996 2.5 deisel (3 yrs old at the time with 36000 miles)and wouldn't touch any Landrover again. The main dealer around here was the worst car dealership I have ever experienced in of 40 years of car ownership. I won't go into the numerous problems I had with it too long to list with the unhelpful service garage team. Apart from that Landrover service is about 4x more costly  ( at least around here) than Toyota Landcruiser.

As for Nissan I don't have any experience but a friend of mine has just bought a new X-Trail and I had to smile over the sat nav. We were comparing Toyota with his Nissan both showing continental destinations with full mapping facilities, but when I said I could find any street in the Vatican City he tried it on his and all it said was "Out of range".

Now I am not saying Nissan Sat/Nav isn't good, but to my mind if your buying a full  european sat/nav system in a car showing that you should be able to do the above from anywhere to anywhere and it  doesn't,then at the very least it is misrepresentation and to my mind prosecutable.

Realspeed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: