Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

fog light needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bushburywolf
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:57    Post subject: fog light needed Reply with quote

1999 amazon vx 4.2td front o/s foglight . that fits into the bumper required, needs to be cheaper than the robbing main dealers.... any ideas
i tried shropshire 4x4 no good news there Sad
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:57    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried Milners.

http://www.milneroffroad.com/HDJ100.htm
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
radiomans

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 16:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

The 6" Spot Lamp that is on the list of milners
is for mounting onto a bull bar or a spot lamp bracket

I know i got 2 of em from them to go on my Prado
the down side is that they don't come with covers  Sad

Radiomans
bushburywolf
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:01    Post subject: forget it . Reply with quote

Very Happy   My Daughter wants to buy me it for crimbo from toyota cost ..£101.92  plus vat .. aint i lucky i usually get a jumper but she gave me one for my birthday a fortnight ago ..
Gensetsteve

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 22:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would try finding a pattern job cos the originals are *beep* both mine gone replaced one with genuine and thats on its way as well.
Boatman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I need a new o/s foglight, too.  1999 Amazon VX 4.2td and, like bushburywolf, I refuse to pay the main dealers over inflated price.

Unfortunately, I've been unable to date to find an equivalent from another manufacturer.  Anyone know if you can get the Toyota ones cheaper anywhere abroad, perhaps?
The Silver Bear

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 17:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI, I spent ages looking for the same.  It appears to be a standard failure - friend of mine with a VX had exactly the same problem. After exhaustive searches - including failure to secure one at a breakers - I was forced to give my local dealer £108 for a new unit!!
realspeed

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I may be sticking in my twopenny worth but the use of fog lights is seldom needed, at least around here in the midlands

The law is quiet strict on the use of fog lights, IE they must be used only in conjunction with headlights on, and only when it is considered necessary during low visibility ( bit vague I know on this point). Anyone found driving using fog lights only with sideights is committing a road traffic offence and can be prosecuted. The same goes for high density rear fog lights.

To be honest I have never found the need for using them anyway, at least not in recent years. maybe going thru patches of mist on a motorway may call for the use of that is all.

Realspeed
Gensetsteve

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

True
But when they fail and let in water they go black inside which looks bad on a nice car. also if fitted they need to work for mot.
bushburywolf
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 15:18    Post subject: fog light Reply with quote

I agree entireley with gensetsteve ..he hit the nail on the head ..it was entirely for cosmetic reasons i posted the original request, the light looked a pox as it was rotting inside and turning black, it had a lot of water ingress and was still present when taken off ..it has been replaced and makes the other one look a little shabby now  ..can't win, can you it seems .. it may match up as time progresses ,  i hope so  Very Happy
The Silver Bear

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the Kent coast (Sandwich) we have truly dreadful sea mists on the main roads and sadly this makes front fogs of immense value.  BTW, there is one on e-bay this week, rare as hens teeth so worth searching for if you need one.
Boatman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 13:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with realspeed, people who use front (or rear) fogs when it's not foggy are a real pain.  Despite what people say, they do dazzle, especially when the road is wet.

I never use my fronts, but the duff one is so rotten the lampholder has come off the back and its full of slimy mould - yuk.  So, like bushburywolf I want to replace it for cosmetic reasons which is why >£100 is way too much.

My MoT tester doesn't seem to agree with Gensetsteve as mine has passed a couple of MoTs without the front foglight working.  Apparently operational rear fogs are mandatory (on vehicles later than a certain date) but the fronts aren't.  So since you don't have to have them, they don't cause a fail if they're not working.
Gensetsteve

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

My MoT tester doesn't seem to agree with Gensetsteve as mine has passed a couple of MoTs without the front foglight working.  Apparently operational rear fogs are mandatory (on vehicles later than a certain date) but the fronts aren't.  So since you don't have to have them, they don't cause a fail if they're not working.[/quote]

my lamp was out so assumed it would fail and repaired it so I think your right its probably not covered in MOT.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: