4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

auto express are reporting no more v8s for the uk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 200 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marlot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 17:06    Post subject: auto express are reporting no more v8s for the uk Reply with quote

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/toyota/land-cruiser/92573/toyota-land-cruiser-v8-axed-in-the-uk
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 17:06    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

lometun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 19:56    Post subject: No more 200's for UK. Reply with quote

I have had 3 100 series over the years and I currently have a 2014 200.
I will always regret selling my late 2007 100 series and buying the 200 I have now.
I know the 200 has a v8 engine and looks much nicer, but I loved the straight six engine and five speed box, I called it a plodder where as the v8 is a growler
If we are not getting any more 200's, then they need to fit a proper engine into the 150 such as the six pot out of the 100 series.
Paul Eastern Europe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 22:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the V8 4.5L TD LC200 is not available anywhere inside the EU. Some issue with EURO6 emissions CO2 g/km, NOx or particulate matter. The Toyota Europe main website last time I looked still offered the LC 200 V8TD but only for sale outside the EU. The Toyota Belgium office handles sales in Russia, Ukraine, Belarus where the LC200 is very popular and many other non EU territories. A big problem is that the EU limits the total sale of all Japanese cars to 10% of the EU market. Thus TMC faces the same EURO6 compliance costs but they must be spread over many fewer units. This of course allows far inferior EU brands free access to this market segment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 200 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: