NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

3rd row seat fitting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unimog1960

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 23:21    Post subject: 3rd row seat fitting Reply with quote

Hi,

Please can somebody give me some information if I can retro fit 7 seats into a 5 seater 2000 Amazon vx, are all of the mounting holes etc in the body for belts and are the floor seat mount brackets in place?

Does anybody know any good breakers for sourcing the parts?

Finally what extras has the limited vx got?

Hopefully will be buying a 2000 Amazon vx if I can fit the extra seats. Very Happy
Thanks,
Rob.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 23:21    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

BobMurphy
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 0:00    Post subject: Re: 3rd row seat fitting Reply with quote

Unimog1960 wrote:
Please can somebody give me some information if I can retro fit 7 seats into a 5 seater 2000 Amazon vx, are all of the mounting holes etc in the body for belts and are the floor seat mount brackets in place?

Does anybody know any good breakers for sourcing the parts? Rob.

Hi,

I didn't know that Toyota made a 5-seater Amazon 'VX' - Maybe the third row of seats were an 'option'  Confused.

The third row just clip into a pair of mountings in the floor (2 per seat). The holes are covered by plastic inserts that are clipped into the back of the seats when they are installed.

The seat belts are mounted in behind the inner trim panels and are clipped to the sides out of the way when the seats are not being used.

I use   http://www.breakeryard.com/  and have had some good results. Basically they send your request to a host of breakers who then respond to you via 'Breakeryard'.

The Breaker who comes back most often is:

A1 Jap Spares Ltd.
Mill Lane,
Failsworth,
Manchester,
M35 0BJ.
Tel: 0161 682 2221
Mob: 0797 352 5393
FAX: 0161 688 8288
E: a1japspares@btconnect.com

It might be worth contacting them in the first instance.

Good luck.

Bob.
Unimog1960

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 0:17    Post subject: 3rd Row Seats Reply with quote

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the reply, I will contact the breakers and hope I can buy the parts I need.

Thanks for the help, and the photos.

I already have a 90 series landcruiser but am keen to get the bigger Amazon just hope it's got a bit more go than my Colorado!  Very Happy

Thanks,
Rob.
andy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 5 seat VX Limited and these are Japanese Imports, so I don't have adjustable seats or steering column, it has leather seats, and also does not have a rear locker.
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
BobMurphy
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
I have a 5 seat VX Limited and these are Japanese Imports, so I don't have adjustable seats or steering column, it has leather seats, and also does not have a rear locker.

Andy,

Does it have the fittings in the floor for the third-row of seats??

Any indication of seat belt mountings in the back ??

Bob.
BobMurphy
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:17    Post subject: Re: 3rd Row Seats Reply with quote

Unimog1960 wrote:
I already have a 90 series landcruiser but am keen to get the bigger Amazon just hope it's got a bit more go than my Colorado!  Very Happy.

So do I - 1998 95-Series 'GX' 3.0 litre manual and a 2001 100-Series 'VX' 4.2 litre Automatic.

The '100' is the world's biggest slug, I was really disappointed with its performance but I am getting used to it now. The only advantage is its higher towing capacity (3.5 tons instead of 2.8 tons) but getting back into the '95' is a delight, it has so much more "get up and go" than its 3-ton cousin.

The '100' does about 3 miles per litre with a horse trailer on the back  Shocked.

I really wanted a manual '100' but couldn't find one at the time (should have spent much longer looking, I bought a Money Pit).

Sorry  Rolling Eyes.

Bob.
andy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 17:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobMurphy wrote:
andy wrote:

Andy,

Does it have the fittings in the floor for the third-row of seats??

Any indication of seat belt mountings in the back ??

Bob.

No seatbelt fittings, and from memory I have just the dimples in the floor where the fixings would bolt down, I have a large dog cage with liner and layers of carpet so not seen the floor for some time.

Also my rear load area windows don't open, but have a metal bar that runs half way up and length of window.
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
Unimog1960

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 19:36    Post subject: 3rd row seats Reply with quote

Hi all,

Thanks for the reply, I am now very concerned that retro fitting the seats is a problem! I will review my list of potential vehicles, can anyone tell me what the limited edition has that's different?

Thanks,
Rob
andy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has less than a standard VX, as I listed above.
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
harrybell

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:42    Post subject: Third row seats. Reply with quote

I have third row seats for 2001 LC 4.2 .
It came with seven seats.
If you can be bothered to pick them up you can have them for free!
0792 1482910 should you want them . They are Grey. Smile
harrybell

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:58    Post subject: Third row seats. Reply with quote

I have third row seats for 2001 LC 4.2 .
It came with seven seats.
If you can be bothered to pick them up you can have them for free!
0792 1482910 should you want them . They are Grey. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: