Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

New member from Philippines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> New member introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
menno

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 23:08    Post subject: New member from Philippines Reply with quote

Good morning all

Just to say hi

Recently moved from the Cotswolds to Philippines to live the somewhat simpler life.

I have purchased myself a 1997 Prado LWB 3.4 V6. It is actually a Dubai import, which landed on these shores in 2001. Well maintained, 108km on the clock, drinks holder in the centre console still intact Smile

I'm a half decent mechanic but have joined this forum mainly to obtain modifications inspiration and also mechanical advice as and when needed. I will be performing a lot of the maintenance on this vehicle myself, even though local mechanics are cheap, I like to understand my own vehicle, and somewhat enjoy being on the other end of a spanner.

Toyota's (LC, Prado, FJ/BJ) are common vehicles here due to their reliability/capability and road conditions. It is also fairly common to come across old classic Yotas, ranging from just after WW2 through to 2016 and everything in between.

For any of you who may be interested in any classic Yota spare parts, let me know and I can enquire.

Cheers

Menno
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 23:08    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

nick j

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Menno and welcome to the forum, sounds as though you have found a decent LC over there. Where are you in the PI? I lived over there for a number of years and my main working part of my car was the a/c, it certainly gets steamy.......
menno

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nick

I am currently living near San Fernando in Pampanga. However, we are looking to settle elsewhere, a little quieter, cooler and closer to nature Mountains/sea. Maybe Tagaytay, Baguio... We are not too sure yet.

It took a lot of searching and research to find a decent 2nd hand vehicle here. Most used cars are pretty badly maintained. The previous owner of my car owns his own petrol station/ service station and used this prado for many years as his own vehicle. Therefore it has been very well maintained. That said there are a few minor niggles which need sorting.

This is my first Toyota, I have had numerous Pajeros in the past. I have to say that the quality difference of the Toyota interior is in a completely different league! 20 year old vehicle, not a squeak, rattle or interior noise. I have a 10 year old Pajero in the UK, the interior is half disintegrated.

Where did you live in Philippines?

Menno
nick j

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 16:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Menno,
Sounds as though you have found a decent LC, we lived in Manila for a year or so then move to a small village in Zambales called Pundaquit where we built a beach resort. After 2 years of that we moved to Africa to get back into my line of business.
Have fun and a cold SM for me...
menno

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Nick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> New member introductions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: