Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Hi from Belfast

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> New member introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GT390

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 22:36    Post subject: Hi from Belfast Reply with quote

Hi guys, I joined the forum a few weeks ago when I started looking for a 80 series cruiser.
I always fancied one but it never happened until now, I have a few american cars and my last 4x4 was a lifted dodge ram, it was great fun
but as I was using it every day the 12 mpg got to me after a while....
I started looking for a 24 valve 4.2 diesel manual with locking diffs, what I did not know initially, was how hard it can be to find one with all these features.
I looked at several over the past few weeks but the only manual one I found was totally rotten, must have been a boat launcher in its day.
Then I remembered about a local one I used to see driving around with a personal plate, I knew where the guy lived so took a drive past his house
if only to call and see if he knew any for sale. I was surprised to see a new hilux invincible in the drive with his personal plate that had been on the cruiser.
I called at the door and introduced myself, asking what became of the cruiser, shes down the back he said, I`ve just bought a new hilux.
Is it for sale ? yes I would sell it he said, so I took a look
Bought brand new by his dad from the toyota dealer across the road, full service history all stamped up, `96 24 valve, 145k miles, 3 x locking diffs, MANUAL !
Only downside I thought at the time was its a GS not a VX so no leather and the poxy *beep* dealer fitted leaky taped up  sunroof.
Turns out apparently all GS models are manual, and are 100 kilos lighter than the VX, so it should be the most economical, in theory anyway.
It has a few issues I need to sort, rear diff lock will not engage and that poxy sunroof, and has a few paint scrapes on o/s rear wheel arch.
I am a mechanic/engineer so sorting out the bits and bobs should be no problem, apart from that sunroof, I have it in pieces at the moment and looks like I have some broken parts inside the mechanism, currently having a 3d cad drawing of the parts so I can machine up or get 3d printed new ones. I will post details of the sunroof repair in the tech section soon, including adding channel drains down the pillars which had never been fitted ! no wonder it leaked !! Shocked
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 22:36    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> New member introductions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: