4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Ongoing turbo noise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
apc

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:43    Post subject: Ongoing turbo noise Reply with quote

This issue has been bugging me for over 2 years now and continues even after a complete professional turbo rebuild/recondition and visual inspections by mechanics.

During colder weather especially as we approach winter the turbo is extremely loud when it hits turbo boost, so loud in fact that people walking along a street stop to see where the noise is coming from. Putting my foot down the noise is so loud that I am reluctant to do it at all. The noise is difficult to describe but is sort of a loud hissing, rasping noise that is definitely not mechanical.

Here is the really strange thing however - as the ambient air temperature outside gets warmer and warmer the turbo becomes quieter and quieter until when the air temperature outside reaches 74 degrees in the Summer it is almost completely silent as it should be. As we approach Winter and air temperature falls it is becoming extremely loud.

I can only surmise that there is a small hole somewhere that expands as the air temperature increases, thus sealing the leak. Engine temperature has no effect.

All comments, suggestions most welcome.

Thanks.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:43    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Redmog

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 22:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine did something similar. I tried all sorts, turned out to be loose inlet manifold bolts. 30 minute fix.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: