4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

dual batteries again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
copey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 16:34    Post subject: dual batteries again Reply with quote

Hi I've gone through the forum and google and read so many different opinions  Rolling Eyes

What I wanted to ask is there a correct  procedure for disconnecting the batteries obv - then +
But do you do DS- then OS- , DS+ then OS+ ...... Or  DS- then DS+ , OS- then OS+

2 Q : Does it matter which battery you use to give a jump start or to receive one ?

90 is a 1KD-FTV OR KD J95  so right hand drive and the DS battery is the one that is earthed, nothing wrong, the batteries are old and now its getting cold I normally take them out to give them a slow charge and they do ok over winter, just wanted to know if there was a specific way I should do this ??
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 16:34    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

raven

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 19:04    Post subject: duel batteries Reply with quote

Hello i have duel batteries on my LWB prado 90 , it doesnt matter which battery you disconnect first or which one you jump start to.

For example on mine i can have either battery connected and the other one disconnected and the car will still turn over.

I do tend to jump to the drivers side though.

hope this helps.
DaveWall

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah either - just disconnect BOTH negatives first or you can still arc your spanner and weld something you don't want to.... Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: