Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Searching for a manual in English (ours is in Dutch)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 70 Series / Prado / Troopie / Bundera Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimwintour

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:00    Post subject: Searching for a manual in English (ours is in Dutch) Reply with quote

We own a 4.2 diesel 75 series (Model: HZJ75 LV-MRW).    We have an owner's manual in Dutch, but would very much like one in English.   The publication number is OM 60588 E.    We would pay any reasonable cost for a copy of this or a similar manual.
Jim Wintour 07876 031461
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:00    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Roger Fairclough

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 23:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you are referring to a drivers handbook. If you are looking for the workshop manuals, there will be a variable number from a minimum of 3 up to maybe 5 depending on how many updates there are.

Roger
jimwintour

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 0:51    Post subject: Searching for a manual in English (ours is in Dutch) Reply with quote

Roger
Yes.  You are right.  I am looking for an owner's manual for a 1993 Landcruiser HZJ75.
Best wishes,
Jim
Roger Fairclough

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 14:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think your model was officially imported into the UK so Toyota GB will not be able to help.

But,

South Africa and Australia probably did import them so a Google search for suitable dealerships may be an idea.

Roger
tristy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 17:16    Post subject: Workshop manual Reply with quote

Hi, just joined your forum. My son has just bought a 1993 KZJ7 3L TD.  I am not familiar with LC Prado and the suspension arrangement is unusual to me. Does anyone know where I can get a workshop?

Jim W, did you ever find a source.

Thanks for any help or maybe a description of the suspension (I believe it may be AHC).  joe
tristy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 17:18    Post subject: Workshop manual Reply with quote

last post should have read "workshop manual"
andy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:28    Post subject: Re: Workshop manual Reply with quote

tristy wrote:

Hi, just joined your forum. My son has just bought a 1993 KZJ7 3L TD.  I am not familiar with LC Prado and the suspension arrangement is unusual to me. Does anyone know where I can get a workshop?

Jim W, did you ever find a source.

Thanks for any help or maybe a description of the suspension (I believe it may be AHC).  joe

Workshop manual from HERE , and suspension is not AHC which is automatic height control, and only more recent model have that.
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
tristy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:20    Post subject: Owners manual Reply with quote

Thanks Andy.  From what I read re AHC, thank god it doesn't have it!  I hope what it does have isn't as complicated.  We are putting it up on car lift this weekend to have a good look at it.  It was in for the CVRT (similar to the MOT) and it failed re the rear shocks, and wheel bearings need adjusting up.  I suspect the wheel bearing set-up is similar to the Defender which I am familiar with.  Thanks again for your help. j
andy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

For parts try Roughtrax or Milners, both in the UK and good prices.
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
tristy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 13:11    Post subject: Owners manual. Reply with quote

Thanks Andy,  I will try them but I'm not sure what type of shocks to ask for.  Was there various suspension systems used on the KZJ7? BTW, it seems the only manual available is in French. Regards,  joe
tristy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 14:13    Post subject: Owners manual Reply with quote

Hi Andy,  I searched the forum to find a topic on front wheel bearing adjustment procedure but couldn't find anything, do you know if it has been discussed?  Also, the rear shocks have wires with split connection blocks coming out at the top. I had a look at the shocks listed on Roughtrax but they don't seem to have any wires.  The jeep does have a sports/comfort button.

Rgds, j
andy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just get standard or uprated shocks, something like Old Man Emu would be uprated, the shocks with wires are adjustable but not worth the extra expense, so just tie the wires up to the chassis.

Sorry didn't see that manual was in french.
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
andy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Front bearings should be same as for the 80 series I would think, see HERE
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
tristy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:17    Post subject: Owners manual Reply with quote

Hi Andy, thanks for your help. I adjusted the front wheel bearings over the weekend. The 70 we have has the power locking electric hubs.  It is straightforward enough job but one need to take care when fitting the hub back onto the slip ring.  There are two tiny spring loaded copper brushes that need to be guided onto the slip ring.  I used a piece of thin cellophane which I slid out when the hub was located over the slip ring.  Rgds,  j
warthog

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next time you have to replace the locking bit, hold the brushes in situ and insert a length of thin stiff wire into the hole on the outside face: that is designed to hold the brushes in place. (then remove the wire!)

P
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 70 Series / Prado / Troopie / Bundera Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: