All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Afternoon Gents

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> New member introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stalex

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 17:05    Post subject: Afternoon Gents Reply with quote

Firstly, what a great site......the only problem I am finding is that there is too much information to take it all in  Very Happy !

I've not quite joined the ranks yet but am about to "inherit" (the old man is giving up driving) a 2005 D4-d 120 series LC 4 (I think, could be LC 5)....I hope that is the correct terminology....it is FMDSH and sub 40k miles and after reading many of the posts on this forum I am realising that I am a pretty lucky guy!!

As the car is essentially free and I am selling my Audi S4 to accommodate, there are some funds available.....is there a quick list of essential or desirable upgrades for this vehicle?

I'll continue to study the forum for tips and advice but I'm thinking that may take me some time....so was looking for a shortcut.

Any advice gratefully accepted.

Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 17:05    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit late, but welcome to the forum, and sounds like you have cracked it with the inheritance.
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
Stalex

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 15:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy,
It came from just down the road from you - Eastbourne.
I am now in possession and loving the LC, it drives perfectly....it came with a stack of paperwork and has been full supplying main dealer servicing since new (where would I take it now?....not keen on Yeomans in Peacehaven....I'm based in Hove but work in Lewes)
It is a LC5 and I'm just getting to grips with how to work the bloody sat nav & what to do next
I've had a Parrot installed (apparently it was a b*stard of a job and the installer totally under priced it) for phone use and streaming of Spotify tracks.
The list I came up with is:-
1) Telephone connection (done)
2) Rear Window Tints
3) Changing the screen wash nozzles
4) Potentially chipping it - Tunit
5) Swapping out lights for LEDs

Thanks for the welcome
Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> New member introductions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: