All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Buying a UK car to export - for a non-EU citizen (friend)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General non-technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
budgey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:30    Post subject: Buying a UK car to export - for a non-EU citizen (friend) Reply with quote

Hi all. I have a non-LC question that I hope someone will be able to help me with.

My Volvo-obsessed Russian mate has asked me to help him purchase a used UK vehicle and deliver it to him in France/Belgium - as it's difficult for him to obtain a UK visa. I'm a UK resident, but I spend half of my time in Bulgaria, where we are neighbours. I'm up for helping him out as he's a good friend and a nice guy.

The question I have is regarding how to go about the purchase from both the seller's and buyer's perspective mainly in terms of the export process and what to do with the V5 document. Can I just complete any New Owner sections with his name and address details, or do I have to purchase the car in my name? That second option sounds like it could get a bit messy.

I do want to help the guy, but I want to get the process right in my head first, and I don't want to be freaking any sellers out.

Much appreciated,
Terry...
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:30    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 13:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that you or the seller fill in the section to say that it's being exported, and then once at the destination country you or your friend will have to register it and pay import duties if applicable, be aware that these charges can be expensive.
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
budgey

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 12:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy! Thanks for your reply.

I much prefer the sound of that - rather than purchasing in my name. I think his intention is to import to Bulgaria, so the charges will be minimal. Importing to Russia might be much more expensive like you say. Anyway, that's his problem, I guess...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General non-technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: