Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

3.0 70 series

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 70 Series / Prado / Troopie / Bundera Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zac12boss

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 16:49    Post subject: 3.0 70 series Reply with quote

Hi new to the  site is there any one out there with a  swb 3.0 xv kzj 70  series
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 16:49    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Roger Fairclough

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

No such animal.

Roger
mikeyfrew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:30    Post subject: KZJ70 VX 3.0 SWB Reply with quote

Hi There,

Yes I have one of these.

M
Roger Fairclough

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so I'm being pedantic but if you have a KZJ70 from approx. 1993 - 1996 then it is a VX. Due to a restriction on imports only approx. 350 were ever imported so look after it as it is very rare. There were approx. 1000 of the earlier LJ series.

Roger
Juddian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 13:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger Fairclough wrote:
Ok, so I'm being pedantic but if you have a KZJ70 from approx. 1993 - 1996 then it is a VX. Due to a restriction on imports only approx. 350 were ever imported so look after it as it is very rare. There were approx. 1000 of the earlier LJ series.

Roger

I'm overjoyed  Crying or Very sad to read they are now valuable.

My 3.0 litre KZJ70 which was in superb condition, was sadly written off, but thankfully due to it being built like a brick outhouse saved my wife from coming to any harm in the process.
Roger Fairclough

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 17:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad your wife is OK. I am a firm believer in the notion that sitting high up in a 4x4 that has a fully boxed chassis is a major factor in preserving life.

Or to put it another way.

"I use the other guys crumple zone".

Roger
Juddian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger Fairclough wrote:
I am glad your wife is OK. I am a firm believer in the notion that sitting high up in a 4x4 that has a fully boxed chassis is a major factor in preserving life.

Or to put it another way.

"I use the other guys crumple zone".

Roger

Thanks Roger, the other crumple zone was in fact  Armco complete with concrete foundations ripped straight out of the ground, i didn't see the scene but it also involved railings i am told, she is a much better driver than this sounds.

The bull bar and front bumper took the shock and one burst BFG tyre, radiator not touched bonnet barely scratched, chassis as new, car still driving ok, the main damage was the 4 wheelarch extensions ripped off and the damage to the axles underneath where they were battered by the debris, these land cruisers are very tough beasts.

I shudder to think what might have happened had she been in her little Punto at the time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 70 Series / Prado / Troopie / Bundera Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: