All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  TLOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD

Amazon standard wheels


 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mks
***


Joined: 20 Aug 2007
Posts: 142
Location: kent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 17:14    Post subject: Amazon standard wheels Reply with quote

Does anyone have a set of 5 standard late plate Amazon 100 wheels that they wish to sell?

If so I would be interested to buy them

Martin
_________________
Martin
2002 LWB LC Colorado VX D4D
2014 LC 200 4.5 V8 Diesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send personal message
Google
Sponsor





PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 17:14    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!


Back to top
BobMurphy
Lifetime member
Lifetime member


Joined: 01 Aug 2008
Posts: 1731
Location: Kirkliston, Scotland

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:59    Post subject: Re: Amazon standard wheels Reply with quote

mks wrote:
Does anyone have a set of 5 standard late plate Amazon 100 wheels that they wish to sell?

If so I would be interested to buy them

Martin
Back to top
View user's profile Send personal message
BobMurphy
Lifetime member
Lifetime member


Joined: 01 Aug 2008
Posts: 1731
Location: Kirkliston, Scotland

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:07    Post subject: Re: Amazon standard wheels Reply with quote

Doh, hit the wrong button !

I have five wheels from my 2001 Amazon 'VX'. They have been powder-coated in 'Silver Sparkle' and are bare (no tyres). They are still wrapped in bubble wrap.

I bought a set from a breaker when I first bought the car, had them powder coated and added new BFG A/Ts. The old ones were then re-furbed as above once I had sold the road tyres.

I paid 240 for the powder coat and 500 for the replacements but yours for 500 for the five.

If you're interested PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you some pics (I'm no longer on Photobucket !).

Bob.
Back to top
View user's profile Send personal message
mks
***


Joined: 20 Aug 2007
Posts: 142
Location: kent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately Bob's wheel were 16 inch, which is a pity as they look perfect.
What I am after is a set of the 18 inch wheels if anyone has a set they want to part with

Martin
_________________
Martin
2002 LWB LC Colorado VX D4D
2014 LC 200 4.5 V8 Diesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send personal message
Jamsy
Newbie


Joined: 14 Feb 2018
Posts: 1
Location: SW Scotland

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 0:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

mks wrote:
Unfortunately Bob's wheel were 16 inch, which is a pity as they look perfect.
What I am after is a set of the 18 inch wheels if anyone has a set they want to part with

Martin


Hi Martin, is there much difference between the 16 and 18inch wheels apart from the looks? Just wondering if people change their 16' wheels for 18's and if so for what reason?
Back to top
View user's profile Send personal message
RADIOTWO
*****


Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Posts: 723
Location: GLOSSOP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Martin
As  you say you might want 18s for a reason but I run 16 on mine as when I got the car I wanted BFG's but they did not do them in 18s
so just got the Tyre size to accommodate the difference
_________________
2004 Amazon 100 series
Steve
Back to top
View user's profile Send personal message
mks
***


Joined: 20 Aug 2007
Posts: 142
Location: kent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 15:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clear up any confusion. I was after a set of 18 inch wheels to fit to my 200 series to replace the 20 inch standard wheels. I was looking to put BFGs on them as they aren't available in 20 inch. At least not in the required size which is 285/50/20. 18 inch wheels were an option on the 200 series and are the same spec as the Amazon.
BFGs are available in 285/60/18 which is pretty much the same size as the 285/50/20. Camskill list them although they are pricy

I think going down to 16 inch wheels would be a step too far and probably would foul to discs

If anyone has a set of 18 inch wheels I might still be interested but I have since discovered that Cooper do their Discoverer AT3 in 285/50/20 so I might try those. Just trying to get away from the Dunlop Grand Treks which are useless in the snow

BFG do a 285/55/20 and a 275/55//20 might see whether they would fi.t

Martin
_________________
Martin
2002 LWB LC Colorado VX D4D
2014 LC 200 4.5 V8 Diesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send personal message
RADIOTWO
*****


Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Posts: 723
Location: GLOSSOP

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 13:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

mks wrote:
Just to clear up any confusion. I was after a set of 18 inch wheels to fit to my 200 series to replace the 20 inch standard wheels. I was looking to put BFGs on them as they aren't available in 20 inch. At least not in the required size which is 285/50/20. 18 inch wheels were an option on the 200 series and are the same spec as the Amazon.
BFGs are available in 285/60/18 which is pretty much the same size as the 285/50/20. Camskill list them although they are pricy

I think going down to 16 inch wheels would be a step too far and probably would foul to discs

If anyone has a set of 18 inch wheels I might still be interested but I have since discovered that Cooper do their Discoverer AT3 in 285/50/20 so I might try those. Just trying to get away from the Dunlop Grand Treks which are useless in the snow

BFG do a 285/55/20 and a 275/55//20 might see whether they would fi.t

Martin


Ok  if you had said that in the first post it would have explained it, as when I got my 100 it had 18s on it but could not get 18s in BFG so are you 100% sure you can get them for that size ?
_________________
2004 Amazon 100 series
Steve
Back to top
View user's profile Send personal message
mks
***


Joined: 20 Aug 2007
Posts: 142
Location: kent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 13:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi radiotwo
here are some links to what camskill are showing as available

https://www.camskill.co.uk/m65b0s219p152662/BF_Goodrich_Tyres_SUV_4x4_BF_Goodrich_ATKO2_All_Terrain_TA_BF_Goodrich_AT_KO2_-_285_60_R18_LT_118_115S_TL_Fuel_Eff_%3A_E_Wet_Grip%3A_B_NoiseClass%3A_2_Noise%3A_75dB

https://www.camskill.co.uk/m77b0s2352p158578/BF_Goodrich_Tyres_SUV_4x4_BF_Goodrich_ATKO2_All_Terrain_TA_BF_Goodrich_AT_KO2_-_285_55_R20_LT_117_114T_TL_Fuel_Eff_%3A_F_Wet_Grip%3A_B_NoiseClass%3A_2_Noise%3A_75dB

https://www.camskill.co.uk/m77b0s2429p157018/BF_Goodrich_Tyres_SUV_4x4_BF_Goodrich_ATKO2_All_Terrain_TA_BF_Goodrich_AT_KO2_-_275_55_R20_LT_115_112S_TL_Fuel_Eff_%3A_F_Wet_Grip%3A_B_NoiseClass%3A_2_Noise%3A_75dB

they weren't in an obvious place, they are listed under 4*4 summer tyres

Martin
_________________
Martin
2002 LWB LC Colorado VX D4D
2014 LC 200 4.5 V8 Diesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send personal message
RADIOTWO
*****


Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Posts: 723
Location: GLOSSOP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

mks wrote:
Hi radiotwo
here are some links to what camskill are showing as available

https://www.camskill.co.uk/m65b0s219p152662/BF_Goodrich_Tyres_SUV_4x4_BF_Goodrich_ATKO2_All_Terrain_TA_BF_Goodrich_AT_KO2_-_285_60_R18_LT_118_115S_TL_Fuel_Eff_%3A_E_Wet_Grip%3A_B_NoiseClass%3A_2_Noise%3A_75dB

https://www.camskill.co.uk/m77b0s2352p158578/BF_Goodrich_Tyres_SUV_4x4_BF_Goodrich_ATKO2_All_Terrain_TA_BF_Goodrich_AT_KO2_-_285_55_R20_LT_117_114T_TL_Fuel_Eff_%3A_F_Wet_Grip%3A_B_NoiseClass%3A_2_Noise%3A_75dB

https://www.camskill.co.uk/m77b0s2429p157018/BF_Goodrich_Tyres_SUV_4x4_BF_Goodrich_ATKO2_All_Terrain_TA_BF_Goodrich_AT_KO2_-_275_55_R20_LT_115_112S_TL_Fuel_Eff_%3A_F_Wet_Grip%3A_B_NoiseClass%3A_2_Noise%3A_75dB

they weren't in an obvious place, they are listed under 4*4 summer tyres

Martin


Hi Martin
I certainly would not have looked in the summer tyres section but as I said some years ago they did not do 18s
_________________
2004 Amazon 100 series
Steve
Back to top
View user's profile Send personal message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


All contents © Hobson's Choice IT Solutions Ltd 1997 on
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group