2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

100 Series Amazon front diff bushes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Happychappy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 13:49    Post subject: 100 Series Amazon front diff bushes Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a 2004 100 series Landcruiser. It has developed a bit of a clunk when pulling off which i think i have located to a rubber bush which has perished and split. Its mounted on the cover of the front diff housing, and bolts up to the chassis frame at the front of the diff itself.
The bush is tight in its mounting/bracket on the diff cover. Just wondering how difficult it is to remove this rubber bush? There is also a bush to the rear of the diff housing located near the prop shaft but this one you can take off to work on.

Thanks for any help.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 13:49    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

BobMurphy
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 23:30    Post subject: Re: 100 Series Amazon front diff bushes Reply with quote

I dropped the front diff on my 2001 '100' earlier in the year. The bush you mention didn't look to be too difficult to remove (the mounting bolt was well rusted in though and required a lot of heat and a serious Rattle-Gun (Milwaukee)).

The part Number is:

41653B  (41653-60010) - STOPPER, DIFFERENTIAL MOUNT, UPPER

Cost about £35.00.

It should poke out, but as you are scrapping it you could cut it. The new one should be softened in hot water before pushing it into place.

The large dished washer under the bolt head presumably compresses the rubber and keeps it tight in the diff mount.

Bob.
Happychappy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:37    Post subject: Re: 100 Series Amazon front diff bushes Reply with quote

BobMurphy wrote:
I dropped the front diff on my 2001 '100' earlier in the year. The bush you mention didn't look to be too difficult to remove (the mounting bolt was well rusted in though and required a lot of heat and a serious Rattle-Gun (Milwaukee)).

The part Number is:

41653B  (41653-60010) - STOPPER, DIFFERENTIAL MOUNT, UPPER

Cost about £35.00.

It should poke out, but as you are scrapping it you could cut it. The new one should be softened in hot water before pushing it into place.

The large dished washer under the bolt head presumably compresses the rubber and keeps it tight in the diff mount.

Bob.

Thanks for the info Bob.

Do I have to remove the diff to get the bush out of its mounting or do you think it would come out in with the diff in place still in the car ? I have the bolt out, which was tight, but haven't looked at how big a job it is to take anything else out.

Cheers
Happychappy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have got the old mounting bush out, was tight but not too bad. Decided to change the arm and bush that comes off the axle casing on the near side too as it looked a bit soft and sloppy. Got the parts coming tomorrow so hopefully will go back together ok.

Thanks
BobMurphy
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 23:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you have found, the front diff will drop a bit if you undo both mounting bolts and the torque arm.

I hope it all goes together OK.

Bob.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: