Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

100 series sump guard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beamishken

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:56    Post subject: 100 series sump guard Reply with quote

My sump guard is pretty rotten has anyone managed to fine an aftermarket replacement? Ive found them for most other models but not the 100
Thanks in advance
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:56    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sump Guard
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
Juddian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 13:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

The above looks similar to the one i fitted to my 120 series, same 2.5 mm steel, bought direct from Romania via here https://www.sump-guard.co.uk/steel-sump-guard-for-toyota-land-cruiser-2002-2009.

They don't list one for the 100 series, but might be worth dropping them an email to see if they do infact have the plans and could run one up for you, the good point about the ones from Romania is that they have a small bolt on plate directly under the oil drain plug making servicing easy.
The only issue i had is that the bolts heads could catch on something solid on rough ground, so i bought the relevant size stainless steel dome headed allen bolts and bolted it on with them.

2.5mm steel isn't thick enough to take serious pounding, but a hell of a lot better than the flimsy effort Toyota fitted new and with this design the radiator and sump itself are much better protected than before.
Beamishken

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 14:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the link Andy have you actually seen one of these fitted I couldnt work out if it replaces the origional guard ( mines rotten ) or just filled in gaps left by the origional
andy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 18:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry no idea on the fitting, I just remembered that I had seen it listed.
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: