Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

My timing belt light!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carole

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 19:39    Post subject: My timing belt light!!! Reply with quote

Have had a new timing belt fitted but my light is still on!!!! Confused Can anyone tell me where the reset button is for this please??
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 19:39    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

joinerman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's the same as the 80 series then there's a small rubber grommit on the instument cluster, remove that & insert a thin screwdriver to reset.

Joinerman
Carole

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 21:56    Post subject: Your reply Reply with quote

Many thanks for that  but it must be different to the 80 series as it does not have a rubber gromit!!!!!! Many thanks again but I have to still keep looking for a solution. Exclamation
DaveN

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 22:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't the 100 series like the Colorado, where you have to take out the instrument panel and turn a screw or something?

Here you go:-

http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?s=14edcd6846b31ba2151aeaee98d9b259&t=87799
freddie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 22:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

how to turn  t belt light off
1 with ignition turned on using the trip switch change the display to odo
and then turn the ignition off

2 while pessing the trip switch turn ignition on and hold it for 5 seconds

3 release the trip switch then press again within 5 seconds

4 the digital display should change to t belt mode   the display should be 000000 and adjust by pressing button in 10000 miles segments next change 120000 the light comes on like mine is at the momment then you know you have  few thousand miles to play with while waiting to book vehicle in

5 once happy with mileage setting hold the trip switch on for more than 5 seconds then release

6 check the digital display has gone back to odo and then check the t belt light  has gone off on starting engine
bushburywolf
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. T-BELT MODE DISPLAY

a) With ignition turned ON, using the trip switch (select/reset button) change the display to ODO, and turn the ignition OFF

b) While pressing the trip switch, turn the ignition switch ON and hold it for 5 seconds.

c) Release the trip switch, then press the switch again within 5 seconds.

d) The digital display should change to T-belt mode. The initial display "15" (0,000km) is displayed (ie. 150,000km).

2. REWRITING REPLACEMENT VALUES

While in the T-Belt mode, each press of the trip switch will change the displayed value by 10,000km increments. Once " 20 " (200,000km) is reached the display reverts back to " 1 " (10,000km) again. Remember, this setting is the number of kilometres to be travelled before the light comes on next, and once reset this counter will start from zero.

I believe the timing belt interval for all the 100 series engine variants is 150,000km, but this should be checked against each different markets servicing recommendation. This being the case, you shouldn't need to change from the default setting of "15".

Obviously for the US, the ODO is in miles, and I guess the T-Belt warning would be set in 10,000 mile intervals.

3. T-BELT WARNING RESET COMPLETION

a) After setting the replacement setting value, hold the trip switch ON for more than 5 seconds then release the switch.

b) Check that the display has now changed back to ODO and that the warning light has gone off when the engine is started.

NOTE: If the T-Belt mode is completed, even though the belt replacement has not been performed, the T-Belt warning IS reset.

P.S.    i  copied this from another forum it's not mine ..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: