Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Colorado front brake disc plate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
westw00d

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 19:51    Post subject: Colorado front brake disc plate Reply with quote

Hi
The back plates behind the front brake discs on my Colorado have rotted away. Does anybody bother replacing them or aren’t they that important?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 19:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

MisterCruiser

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 1:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just recent;y replaced mine, It's a lot of work on the colorado, I took the easier option of cutting the splash guards neatly so I could twist them onto the hub and avoid the need to press out the wheel bearing; which needs to be pressed out otherwise.

They're cheap enough so I'd recommend having them replaced and having them fitted the way I done them will save you a lot of labour if paying someone to fit them.
MisterCruiser

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 1:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.tlocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17955

Sorry for the large pics, maybe a mod would resize them. You can see where I made a small cut to fit them over the hub.
diggerdave

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never bothered with mine and no problems after 5 years or so. Only one has gone so you could say I've got a perfect control experiment...
warwick lawley

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 22:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the front disc dust guards had to be replaced, I wasn't going to dismantle the hub assembly so I just cut the new plates across the rear facing side, fitted the two halves to the hub assembly and riveted them back together against a 1 inch strip of metal. Sounds a bit gash but works well and saves a lot of aggro.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: