Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

New rear diff lock unit at a better price.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daihot

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 15:32    Post subject: New rear diff lock unit at a better price. Reply with quote

Hi All,
It seems that rear diff lock is a recurring topic from the thirty pages or so that I`ve read before joining this club as I am working through
issues that I have with mine which has been standing for the last five years or so and has this problem, amongst others.
Having read Diggerdave`s reply on 31st Aug. 2019 regarding fitting a lock unit from a 80 front axle, I found the part no. of that unit
and checked the price with Milners and R.trax, which was cheaper at £298 +vat.
But having searched further afield, found one and bought from a German company: autodoc.co.uk
for £204.27 inc vat and free p&p. It took about 10 days.and it was an Aisin unit. this was about 3 weeks ago.
Just checked price today and its gone up to £242.24.still cheaper than anywhere else I could find.

I have used this company before a few times for different things with no issues at all.
Just thought that this might be useful to some of you.
Cheers, D.
PS
The Toyota part no. is 41450-60060.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 15:32    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

diggerdave

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good shout. I did have to change the wiring plug on mine and they 80 versions don't quite fit the guard from the 90 (I did a bit of careful drilling a tapping to fit my guard back), but the otherwise the unit is identical. Still working well and used quite often!
daihot

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 22:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply diggerdave, I forgot to mention that the plug needed changing. As the axle is off the LC at the moment I have only checked that it fitted the diff housing properly in order to make the posting.
Having checked the price of the lock unit during the passed week, it seems that it changes from one day to the next, today its £ 260, earlier in the  week it was £226.
I suppose I got lucky when I got mine.
As I`m in the trade, I`m constantly looking for parts at good prices, but usually for cars rather than 4x4`s.
If I see anything that`s relevant for this site,I will keep you posted.
Cheers, D.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: